• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Congratulations to the new MotoGP World Champion [SPOILER ALERT]

bajakirch

Crotch Rocket
I just watched my recording of the race from Valencia.

An exciting race...for the first 5 laps or so.

Marquez is truly gifted -- it'll be interesting to see if he can maintain that level of expertise year-after-year.

I just got into MC racing this year, and didn't really start watching MGP in earnest until the season was almost half over. So now I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait so long for the new season to begin.

The kid did great and is a natural talent. I think if he has a competitive bike, that he should be a factor for a time to come. He was well deserving and played it smart not pushing too hard in this final race and insuring the title. But just to point out, it might have been a totally different race, or even part of the season had Lorenzo not had the two crashes that damaged his shoulder, forcing sitting out one race.  Both those guys should be proud for a great season of MotoGP.

Also, did you notice that Nicky Hayden finished ahead of Dovizioso yet again; Even though Hayden was riding the old bike and Dovizioso had the new and improved equipment.  I hope Nicky gets a chance to show his stuff being on a Honda again next year.

Must be frustrating for Jorge Lorenzo to notch 8 victories to only 6 for Marquez and yet still come up 4 points shy of the title. Marquez finishing on the podium in all 16 rounds was just too much to overcome. Next season should be a real fight and I sure hope there are no incidents (either injury or mechanical issues) to stand in the way of what should be one heck of a year. I wonder how all the PR obligations the reigning champion must contend with will be handled by young Marc.
It will be interesting to see if the Spanish Armada of Marquez, Lorenzo, and Pedrosa continues their domination in 2014. With Rossi parting ways with Jeremy Burgess, Cal Crutchlow signing on to the Ducati and all it's shortcomings, Hayden on a "production" racer instead of a top line unit (though having the top equipment hasn't really yielded the expected outcomes) I can't see anything changing much at all.

SJ10932NOwm.jpg

Take a moment to study the picture. When you see it...  :-\

Yeah, it was a great race to watch, kid played it smart, tagged along behind the race leaders in 3rd place and took the championship on points.  atta boy!!  :beerchug:

At one point it looked like Pedrosa 'had a moment', as they say, right in front of Marquez. Can you imagine if he'd crashed and taken out Marc?

Phenomenal talent, just like last year in Moto2.  Great to see a rookie (last one was KR) and a 20 yr old (younger than Spencer) take the crown.  Seems like a nice guy too - are you listening Stoner?

I loved watching Lorenzo mess with the 2 Honda guys at the start even though they (MM and DP) definitely didn't want an incident.  Sorry to say that I was also getting pissed with Rossi and his pronounced inability to help his teammate.  Time to move aside and let one of the faster dudes (Bradl or Bautista come to mind) take the other Yamaha methinks.  Even if he was god for a long time.

I figure Crutchlow has pretty well torpedo'd his next few years with his loud criticisms of Yamaha (an oriental no-no) and his signing with Doom Ducati.  Be interesting to see how Smith does next year - he can really nail the starts if nothing else eh?

Gonna be fun, but now for some snow...