• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coolant/antifreeze ratio

Mercer

Last I mixed my coolant used a ratio of distilled h2o and antifreeze to protect my C10 to a low of 20F.
I gained some extra in traffic heat exchange in the bargain. Used a formula off the net for ratio calculation.

Ha! Never thought would see this in Louisiana. Had to bring the 35 year old baby in the living room for freeze prevention.

Sure does look good there. Wish she could stay there till next ride.............................

I do not mix 50/50 unlike some in north. I need optimum heat exchange of distilled H2O to dissipate heat on 100F plus days in traffic.
Different climate, different needs.

Very good link! That Evans stuff sounds interesting. But 2x the price for 375F boil point not sure it is needed.

I used an Asian vehicle phosphate-enhanced redish color formulation. They contain organic acid technology (OAT) corrosion inhibitors and are free of borate, nitrite, silicate and amines chemicals. Added Red Line (80204) Water Wetter and distilled H20. When mixed colors out to a pink hue.

Normally I do not need freeze protection below 20F. So I mix With less antifreeze for higher temps.

This link might be of interest to C10 owners in hotter states like mine.

Less antifreeze + more distilled water = greater cooling capacity by removal more BTUs from engine.

Hope this helps for hotter weather for some with C10s.