• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cooling system fans not running

nickrides

Hi Gents
My 2014 C-14 has been using a modest amount of coolant.
So today I took the fairing off to get to the reservoir tank and then started it and let it run so I could look for a leak under pressure.
The temps bars went full on and started to flash and the the High Temp warning started to flash, at this point I turned it off.
I assume the fans should have come on before this  Flashing Temp Bars and High Temp warning light, No?
Anyway the last work done on the bike was a valve adjustment, throttle body sync, general maintenance.
Could my mechanic have left off a wire connection to the fan turn on switch?
I looked in the FSM and could not find this switch, where is it?
Thanks in advance
Nick

Gents
So I think I figured it out.
I spun the fans by hand and the right one is good, very smooth.
The left one binds up.
So I checked the fuse and it was blown
put a new one in and that blew too.
So I think I have a bad left radiator fan.
I want to buy a OEM one, not a Chinese's knock off.
Where's the best place to get it?
Kawasaki parts?
Thanks in advance
Nick

Hi Gents
So I took Strums advice and unplugged my left radiator fan.
The fuse now holds and the Right fan works as it should
A new one is 400+
Couldn't find one on ebay
Question for those who know:
What is the range of years that a Left radiator fan will fit my 2014 C-14?
I'm going to try and find someone parting out a bike.
Thanks in advance
Nick