• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Corbin seat

bikerpipes

I think i may buy a new Corbin seat I want to know which do most that use a Corbin prefer the one piece or the two piece seat.

Everybody’s butt is different, but I tried a two-piece and it was horribly uncomfortable for me. They are hard & shaped to fit a particular butt and I could not move around without slipping back into that same two depressions. That created hot, red, sore spots because I couldn’t get out of the depressions designed into the seat.  Personally, I think they molded it with an 18 year old female butt. Looks nice but was miserable after 30 minutes.

I had the two piece and could not get comfortable with it. Sold it and bought the new Corbin one piece for the C14. End result is that both the buyer of the two piece and me are happy campers. Different strokes for different folks.

Fork

I started with the Kawi touring seat and didn't care for it.  Then went to the Corbin Two piece and also found it too hard and uncomfortable.  Have been using the one piece Corbin and think its great.
Probably should sell the other two.

I sent my two piece Corbin seat to Seth Laam, had him add heat in both rider/pillion and now both me and the wife are happy. We can easily do a 10-12 hour day on'r.

I have a question is Loren at baldwin seats still in business. I tried to log on the web site to no avail.

Not too sure about the "logging on" part to his website, but the Contact Info web page is missing.  However, his email address
is still listed at the bottom of his home page, <----Click.
I would try that.

I have the 2 piece and both me and my wife love it! If you can, swing by and have them customize the fit to your particular rump. Many state the seat is hard, however if it is molded the right way it is a dream to rid on.

I have the two piece and I don't find it as comfortable as I had expected. That being said, I haven't changed it either.

Do the new Corbins come with a rheostat or still with the simple on/off switch. I think that's my biggest beef with the seat, it can only be set to off and broiler.

Have the Smuggler and love it,  since they have a lifetime warranty for the original buyer I plan on sending it back and asking for some softer foam, 9 years old, I'm good for 2-3 hours before any issue, but since I wear protective pants on long rides it's not an issue because I've never had any discomfort with the extra set of pants on. 
:campfire: