• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Corbin smuggler trunk

I had one on my last FJR which I got it with the bike. I am sure there are folks out there that really like them, but for me the amount of storage there does not even come close to justifying the price. Additionally, the fit was not the best, albeit I had a Sargent seat not a Corbin.

I need a better seat than the stock seat. I think Baldwin is out of business and Seth Laam won"t answer text, email or phone calls.
Bill Mayer won"t answer text, emails, the phone or even respond to his website on line contact form. So, that brings me down the list I made to either Corbin or Day-long seats. Would like to hear Pro's and Con's on these two seats and suggestions on any other seats out there I might look at.
Thank You
Dumb A$$

I need a better seat than the stock seat. I think Baldwin is out of business and Seth Laam won"t answer text, email or phone calls.
Bill Mayer won"t answer text, emails, the phone or even respond to his website on line contact form. So, that brings me down the list I made to either Corbin or Day-long seats. Would like to hear Pro's and Con's on these two seats and suggestions on any other seats out there I might look at.
Thank You
Dumb A$$

Baldwin is shut down. I had a Corbin it sucked, seat height was to low for me & the sweet spot was to far back. My RDL has been amazing with zero complaints, the leather is starting to wear on the edges after 225,000 miles of use though.

Tom Simmons did one for my V-Strom & I like it just as much as the RDL on the C14, maybe more. Very reasonably priced to, www.tscustomseats.com - 479-521-7339. He's in NW AR.

I've heard really good things about Terry Adcock seats, haven't had any hands on experience though. Terrys Customs Seats, located in TN.

Last edited:
Baldwin is shut down. I had a Corbin it sucked, seat height was to low for me & the sweet spot was to far back. My RDL has been amazing with zero complaints, the leather is starting to wear on the edges after 225,000 miles of use though.

Tom Simmons did one for my V-Strom & I like it just as much as the RDL on the C14, maybe more. Very reasonably to, www.tscustoms.com - 479-521-7339. He's in NW AR.

I've heard really good things about Terry Adcock seats, haven't had any hands on experience though. Terrys Customs Seats, located in TN.

I'd like to make one suggested correction Cliff, since there's also a TSCustoms in Wisconsin that does custom HD paintjobs.

www.TSCustomSeats.com is what people should be looking for, not the URL you mentioned. Things could get pretty confusing fairly quickly otherwise.

He's also on FB for those who browse that wreck of a platform. https://www.facebook.com/TSCustomSales

Thanks for the updates on this topic by the way. I'm starting to get itchy to get my OEM upgraded in the months ahead.

I feel Corbin feedback falls one of two 2 camps: love it or hate it. A good friend only used Corbin on all his bikes. We swapped bikes so I could get 100-200 miles on his saddle, and I found it worked well for me. It had the firmness I need without the goldwing looking seat. I had one on my C10, and got one for the C14 years later. Now that we are older, my friend swears by the RDL he got . It might very well be that the needs of our posterior change as we age.

Thank all of you for the info. Sent an email to Tom Simmons, but could not find a direct link to Terry Adcock though.
I will wait and see what happens next.

Dumb A$$