• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cost Range Ramble XIII

stevem

I just posted the 13th annual Coast Range Ramble on the Calendar of Events (June 4th). I’m hoping to be able to lead the ride, though at the moment I have some concerns. I returned about 10 days ago from what should have been a six-week trip to Morocco. Instead, I had to fly home after only 7 days in country to deal with a couple of tears in the retina of my right eye.

I had laser surgery a week ago and it stopped any further damage, but I still have double vision as a result of the numbing agent they had to give me to immobilize the eye. It’s really only a problem when I look hard to the right, but if I scan side to side quickly my vision goes slightly haywire. Probably not the best thing to ignore when riding. So… I am hopeful things will be back to normal by the time the Ramble comes around (or even better, in time for the Bun Cooler). If not, though, there will still be breakfast (Rhonda has a kitchen again this year, no slaving over the camp stove in the garage) and I’m sure I can convince Phil or Paul to jump in as leader.

Steve,
Sorry to hear about the eye medical issue and disruption of the travel.
I hope to join on the ride this year.

Steve Mustoe said:
I just posted the 13th annual Coast Range Ramble on the Calendar of Events (June 4th). I’m hoping to be able to lead the ride, though at the moment I have some concerns. I returned about 10 days ago from what should have been a six-week trip to Morocco. Instead, I had to fly home after only 7 days in country to deal with a couple of tears in the retina of my right eye.

I had laser surgery a week ago and it stopped any further damage, but I still have double vision as a result of the numbing agent they had to give me to immobilize the eye. It’s really only a problem when I look hard to the right, but if I scan side to side quickly my vision goes slightly haywire. Probably not the best thing to ignore when riding. So… I am hopeful things will be back to normal by the time the Ramble comes around (or even better, in time for the Bun Cooler). If not, though, there will still be breakfast (Rhonda has a kitchen again this year, no slaving over the camp stove in the garage) and I’m sure I can convince Phil or Paul to jump in as leader.

Steve:

Sorry to hear about your eye problem. Take it easy and don't rush, there'll always be another Ramble.
We've moved to  Pahrump, Nevada, so I'm even further away. But I hope to meet up again on other rides.
Moving is tiring; I need tires for the Connie; fix a leaking front wheel cyclinder ( gonna' do all three while I'm at it); valve adjust and new tires for Debbie's bike. Then maybe I'll have time to ride.

Take care and ride safe,

Bob Young

I'd love to come Steve if my summer track schedule allows it.  Plus Rhonda's breakfast is hard to resist! :)  Hmmmm.....  Decisions.  :(

Where are you intending to ride for the Coast Range Ramble?  I was planning to be in Oregon that weekend and go riding with another friend in Portland who has a C10.  We may join you if the timing & location work out.

Our usual route: head out of Eugene on back roads to Territorial Highway, then north to Monroe, after which we cross over to Alsea. From Alsea to Waldport on 34, south on 101 to the lunch break in Yachats. The Eugene contingent will then continue to Florence, head inland on 126 to Mapleton, then grab 36 though Triangle Lake and continue via Poodle Creek Rd to Noti. Back roads home from Noti. About 240-250 miles total.

Most Portlanders say goodbye after lunch and find their own way home.

slarson said:
Where are you intending to ride for the Coast Range Ramble?  I was planning to be in Oregon that weekend and go riding with another friend in Portland who has a C10.  We may join you if the timing & location work out.

Things are looking up. My double vision is 95% gone (it's only in a side area that is obscured by the helmet) and I can do rapid side-to-side scanning without wanting to puke. Went for a careful 50 mile ride on Thursday and all systems are go. Ready for the Bun Cooler and the Ramble!

Steve Mustoe said:
Things are looking up. My double vision is 95% gone (it's only in a side area that is obscured by the helmet) and I can do rapid side-to-side scanning without wanting to puke. Went for a careful 50 mile ride on Thursday and all systems are go. Ready for the Bun Cooler and the Ramble!

Good to see you and glad your vision is stable. Maybe we can link up for the ride over to the Bun Cooler on Thursday. Bob Burns and I will be meeting up in Springfield on the morning of the ride.

Steve, glad to hear the good news!

Steve Mustoe said:

Bring your appetites. There will be the usual abundance of French toast, chicken apple sausages, fresh fruit, coffee... Rhonda doesn't want anyone riding on an empty stomach.