• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CP 550 Trailer

zrxmax

Pistons, Cams, and Valves!
I have a black CP 550 Uni Go Trailer for sale.  It was purchased in 2014 and has a clear California title and license plate.  The struts that support the hatch work as they are suppose to.  The tire appears to be in good condition and has plenty of tread left.  You will need a new shaft that runs inside your axle that provides the two attachment points that secure the trailer to your Concours.  I haven't priced that part, however, I am pretty sure Uni Go Trailers can help you with that part.  This model CP trailers claims to have 5.5 cubic feet of storage space according to their promotional literature.  Purchased new for $2448.  Asking $1600 for it.  Shipping weight is 125 lbs plus any crating material if necessary.  I priced it to sell and will not entertain low ball offers.  Zip code is 92563
If you want pictures then send me a number I can send pictures to. 

Ted said:
I have a black CP 550 Uni Go Trailer for sale.  It was purchased in 2014 and has a clear California title and license plate.  The struts that support the hatch work as they are suppose to.  The tire appears to be in good condition and has plenty of tread left.  You will need a new shaft that runs inside your axle that provides the two attachment points that secure the trailer to your Concours.  I haven't priced that part, however, I am pretty sure Uni Go Trailers can help you with that part.  This model CP trailers claims to have 5.5 cubic feet of storage space according to their promotional literature.  Purchased new for $2448.  Asking $1600 for it.  Shipping weight is 125 lbs plus any crating material if necessary.  I priced it to sell and will not entertain low ball offers.  Zip code is 92563
If you want pictures then send me a number I can send pictures to.
Couldn’t you just get an adapter to use a normal ball hook up?

JJ

The trailer is rigid mounted to the axle to maintain all lean angles as you drive.  The hitch is integral to the function of the trailer to maintain balance.  When attached and driving it is imperceptible (to me)  to notice that you are pulling a trailer.  The hitch will allow up and down motion due to its design. 

A ball hitch would allow the trailer to tip to one side or the other until torque stress between the ball and the receiver came into metal to metal interference. 

It appears I need to add some value to a possible sale... so... I bought some lumber to build a crate to ship it and that crate will be on "The House".

And... I am the house on this potential transaction so the crate is a no cost bonus to the buyer.

Anybody here think a CP 550 trailer is worth $1300 in good shape?

The crate is finished and its ready to ship. The weight of the crate and trailer is in total a 175 lbs. The crate is 32" tall, 60" wide, and 25 inches deep. I will deliver it to a local shipper if requested to reduce shipping cost. My zip code is 92563. Murrieta CA

If you want pictures you send me your e mail or phone number.

I also posted the trailer on Offer Up.

Here ya go Ted.

Attachments

• CP550.jpg
    CP550.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 250
  • CP550 2.jpg
    CP550 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 247
  • CP550 3.jpg
    CP550 3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 253
  • CP550 4.jpg
    CP550 4.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 244
Wait a cottin' pickin' "MINUT".
Does this mean, there is another "Ted" on the Forum??

Ride safe, Ted
I know this is a hard thing for you Ted. Yes there is another Ted on the forum. He just doesn't have "the magnificent" after his name or those sexy red suspenders! 😁

You guys are brutal... red suspenders? Whats next? Did somebodies AARP card expire? ;)

I don't need no stinkin' AARP card..
ie; I'm a frugal COGger. {I lie (that I have one) when I book a room}.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Bud, Who told you about my suspenders?
Their my "secret" weapon..
I keep them hidden under my coat.

PS again; Can anyone guess where this photo was taken??

Attachments

• DSC02076.JPG
    DSC02076.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 169
I have a black CP 550 Uni Go Trailer for sale...

Not for nothing, but I don’t think this is a Uni-Go trailer. The CP 550 is manufactured by a Canadian Company called Third Wheel Trailers, which to my knowledge, is not affiliated with Uni-Go. From information found on the web, the Third Wheel Trailers is still a very good, high-quality trailer.

AwesomeDad also asked if there was an adaptor to use the trailer with a more conventional trailer hitch. I believe Uni-Go has an adaptor (which replaces the ball), but I haven’t seen one for the CP 550.

There is a company in Denison, TX that sells both trailer brands and for anyone interested, I suspect they would be a good source of information. Texas Motorcycle Trailers Plus

TCARS,

Mark

Last edited:
Thank you for that information... disclaimer... poster gets confused sometimes about which trailer is which... however... I do have the title... so..
( note to self ) when in doubt read the title.
Thanks again
Ted
( the other Ted )

Last edited:
Is anybody going to buy themselves a Xmas trailer this year? The seller is checking for a friend! lol !

I am amazed... with stimulus money and tax refunds floating around the country its hard to believe nobody has even made an offer.

Perhaps I will end up using it one day.