• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cracked carb bowl drain

zapper1116623

Recently picked up a 1986 ZG1000 that was sitting for about 10 years. Have been slowly working on getting it going and it is running well now but unfortunately one of the carb bowls is cracked from overtightening of the drain screw and leaks fuel. I don't see any bowls for the zg1000 on ebay aside from a couple shipping from the UK for $$$. Anyone know of bowls from carbs off of other bikes that will fit? I see some from a 1980s zx900/gpz900 that look very similar but not sure if they are the same dimensions.

Recently picked up a 1986 ZG1000 that was sitting for about 10 years. Have been slowly working on getting it going and it is running well now but unfortunately one of the carb bowls is cracked from overtightening of the drain screw and leaks fuel. I don't see any bowls for the zg1000 on ebay aside from a couple shipping from the UK for $$$. Anyone know of bowls from carbs off of other bikes that will fit? I see some from a 1980s zx900/gpz900 that look very similar but not sure if they are the same dimensions.
I believe Kawasaki Voyager bowls will fit and they may have overflows also .

I believe Kawasaki Voyager bowls will fit and they may have overflows also .
I thought that was the case, but I haven't seen those available online either. I will probably just go to the local bike wrecking yard to find some, but it would be much more convenient to find some I can order for a reasonable cost.

I thought that was the case, but I haven't seen those available online either. I will probably just go to the local bike wrecking yard to find some, but it would be much more convenient to find some I can order for a reasonable cost.
There was a full set of Voyager carbs on ebay awhile back . Went for cheap .