• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crash Bar idenity

shallnot8923

They work great. Finish on mine hasn't held up well but I have dropped the bike 3 times and they have done there job.

They work great. Finish on mine hasn't held up well but I have dropped the bike 3 times and they have done there job.
That’s good to hear. Mine does have a spot with rust. Was going to take it off and touch it up. Honestly, not a huge fan of the look, but like the function. Thanks everyone

That’s good to hear. Mine does have a spot with rust. Was going to take it off and touch it up. Honestly, not a huge fan of the look, but like the function. Thanks everyone
Yep. They aren't the best looking. Just look at pics of Connie's that have been dropped, it gets better then 😄

There are several threads on the forum . As a subscriber are u able to use the search function? Its not intended to be a smart a$$ comment,i dont know what access u have here...

There are several threads on the forum . As a subscriber are u able to use the search function? Its not intended to be a smart a$$ comment,i dont know what access u have here...
I do have access and I tried searching it before I asked. I did not find the answer by searching.

Ron203 had posted recently in a thread, , new knee and me (i think) and he used Rivco pegs on his t rex bars. I myself also use Rivco pegs on my canyon cages. There are a number of pegs that will work, but u will have to careful in getting the correct sized mounts. Most are either 1" or 7/8". Once u get them, ur only limited by ur own comfort level as to where to mount them.

Some guys have used AST highway peg kit. Some are concerned with cornering clearance and theres a thread on them as well.

I mounted some Kuryakyn pegs to my bathroom bars. I did have to use bicycle handlebar shims to reduce the ID of the Kuryakyn to the proper ID to securely clamp to the bar.

IMG_20130821_183451_002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130821_185049_023.jpg
    IMG_20130821_185049_023.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20130821_185101_373.jpg
    IMG_20130821_185101_373.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20130821_185113_265.jpg
    IMG_20130821_185113_265.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Yep... they work well for mounting auxiliary lighting. Theres also a guy who sells mounts for auxiliary lighting that attach under your mirrors

Attachments

• signal-2021-08-08-081612.jpg
    signal-2021-08-08-081612.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 99
They look good. what else is mounted on the bar? is that a light?
Yes, I have two 3600 Lumen LED Lights that are wired to come on when I switch to High Beam.
It also gives the bike a little more of the Po Po Look, as people on the highway normally shift over to the right as I come up behind them. :cool:

Yes, I have two 3600 Lumen LED Lights that are wired to come on when I switch to High Beam.
It also gives the bike a little more of the Po Po Look, as people on the highway normally shift over to the right as I come up behind them. :cool:
that alone is a good reason to install them. I haven't had a chance to ride in full dark yet. so i am not sure how good or bad the headlights are on these.