• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crash Bars - from Ebay?!

mrpauljhodge1683

Hi everyone. I'm on the hunt for crash bars, having dropped my bike twice in two months. First time I broke off the left leg. Got lucky time #2 with no damage but I really need to protect this topheavy beast. Nobody has crash bars. Except... Ebay. Anyone ever try a set from the People's Republic? Much as I detest it, nobody who doesn't detest freedom and Apple Pie has an option and I need to protect my bike.

Hi everyone. I'm on the hunt for crash bars, having dropped my bike twice in two months. First time I broke off the left leg. Got lucky time #2 with no damage but I really need to protect this topheavy beast. Nobody has crash bars. Except... Ebay. Anyone ever try a set from the People's Republic? Much as I detest it, nobody who doesn't detest freedom and Apple Pie has an option and I need to protect my bike.
Mr Paul while awaiting on comments for crash bars apply for your Connie Droppers Anonymous (CDA) #.

Share what happened to you and your machine, buy a shirt with your very own CDA number assigned and wear it proudly.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Check the classifieds. 1 member in midwest ws looking to sell his c10 prts bike. He had a set of crash bars and per a suggestion from another member, was probbly willing to sell them separately.

There is a member here (Manworkinghere)who just put his bike up for sale and may be talked out of the tipovers . Check the emporium here .

Paul you have earned assignment of CDA # 571 and added to the distinguished CDA Listing of those who have experienced a drop before you and those that will come after.

How have you progressed, have you replaced your foot peg and found any crash protection?

I promise you, the C10 will be your friend after you get beyond this initial bumpy introduction, stay safe.

Wayne, Carol & Blue (Your C10's bigger brother)

Paul you have earned assignment of CDA # 571 and added to the distinguished CDA Listing of those who have experienced a drop before you and those that will come after.

How have you progressed, have you replaced your foot peg and found any crash protection?

I promise you, the C10 will be your friend after you get beyond this initial bumpy introduction, stay safe.

Wayne, Carol & Blue (Your C10's bigger brother)
Yes, the bike is back in order. I'm avoiding riding until I figure out some way to protect from further damage but this seems to be an impossible taste. I'll just have to risk it because I miss having my knees in the breeze. LOL.

Yes, the bike is back in order. I'm avoiding riding until I figure out some way to protect from further damage but this seems to be an impossible taste. I'll just have to risk it because I miss having my knees in the breeze. LOL.
Just keep a lookout for tipover bars here and elsewhere . They do come up for sale but you gotta be quick !

I really hate to agree with Bud and Cra-z, but this time I agree. (Please don't tell anyone I sed that)
You don't want those. I don't see how they would fit. Keep looking.
&
Just keep a lookout for tip-over bars here and elsewhere.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: You might be capable of installing the ones you found. It is possible, but that installation would be a real PITA.
If you choose to try, the bars need to be mounted far lower than shown in the image.
Better to find a used set that does fit/work the way they are intended.