• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crash bars/trickle charger

jamescsvg4367

Can anyone advise of a reasonable place to
Purchase front/rear crash bars for 2015 c14?

also, every bike I’ve had required a trickle
Charger to keep battery charged. How does
One install new trickle charger wiring on
2015 c14? Thanks in advance for advice!
James

Hmmm. Followed your advice, downloaded
Document, even moved to another www page
Still can’t open any articles?! Something else
I need to do? Thanks for advice!

I've used Battery Tender chargers on all my bikes for decades now without fail. I have four bikes in my garage each one connected to a Battery Tender. I've always connected these directly to the +POS and -NEG posts on the battery, including my 2010 C14.

Hmmm. Followed your advice, downloaded
Document, even moved to another www page
Still can’t open any articles?! Something else
I need to do? Thanks for advice!
James - Do you have a paid membership in COG? There are certain areas on the website that are only accessible with a paid membership. If your membership was just activated, I believe you need to log out and then log back in before you are able to access all of the member-only areas. I hope this helps.

Yep, I paid the fee. I tried logging out/in but
No joy. Maybe after weekend and database
Reboots will try again. Thanks for advice!

Battery Tender on both bikes and have adapted my heated gear to use the same pigtail.

Check with Probity Motors for crash bars. Last I interacted with them, they were offering M/C Enterprises setups for their police motors and would sell the parts individually.

(A side note: What I'd really like is a radio top case for mine, so I could mount the various main bodies of the bike's ham rigs inside. But Probity and the other LE equipment distributors won't sell those to us commoners, it seems.)

Check with Probity Motors for crash bars. Last I interacted with them, they were offering M/C Enterprises setups for their police motors and would sell the parts individually.

(A side note: What I'd really like is a radio top case for mine, so I could mount the various main bodies of the bike's ham rigs inside. But Probity and the other LE equipment distributors won't sell those to us commoners, it seems.)
I recently saw a police box off a C14 on eBay, the same guy also had a Corbin solo seat.

I can offer you the top box off a HD police
Road King? It’s black. Bought bike for $8k
But running lights have to be reworked $$$
So am selling, bought a 2015 Kawc14.
james Selling to dealer, anyone want it? 2015A8181105-146B-413E-970B-9102C4794779.jpeg

I recently saw a police box off a C14 on eBay, the same guy also had a Corbin solo seat.
Snagged. Thanks for the heads-up! That box may also work on my Valkyrie Interstate, whose OEM trunk went to my Tourer.

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone know where to get Givi trunk hardware? The two front pins and rear latch are what I'm after.

ETA: I found a few sources for the hardware, and I also managed to get a set of crash bars for the rear of the bike. This thread gonna co$t me...

Last edited: