• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crash bars

jamescsvg4367

Any suggestions on places to look for
Crash bars for c14? Like to find some
Real heavy duty ones like police bikes
Have. Have checked out Murphy’s.
James

I just installed T Rex bars. Very well made and easy install once you get the existing engine mount bolts lose.

Attachments

• 20201012_164023_resized.jpg
    20201012_164023_resized.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 757
  • 20201012_164010_resized.jpg
    20201012_164010_resized.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 573
I just installed T Rex bars. Very well made and easy install once you get the existing engine mount bolts lose.
Question, what year is your Connie? If 2017 or later did you find that the T-Rex written install instructions wrong as far as starting with the right side engine bolts and removing them except for the bolt in the upper right hand corner of picture one?

Question, what year is your Connie? If 2017 or later did you find that the T-Rex written install instructions wrong as far as starting with the right side engine bolts and removing them except for the bolt in the upper right hand corner of picture one?
mine is a 2018 and yes, I forgot to mention that. The directions are wrong. As a matter of fact, they were wrong two ways. As you stated, start on wrong side and additionally, they have you putting the stepped down spacer on the wrong side as well in the pictures. Very sturdy product but I guess I should email them about the directions being incorrect so they can fix them for future customers

Hi. I just ordered the crash bar set from TRex
Still in box, haven’t installed. My bike is a
2015 model. Do you think the instructions
Would be considered incorrect in regards
To mine also??
James

Hi. I just ordered the crash bar set from TRex
Still in box, haven’t installed. My bike is a
2015 model. Do you think the instructions
Would be considered incorrect in regards
To mine also??
James
HI JAMES, yes the instructions are wrong as far as i can tell. It appears that when the instructions were written maw Kaw was using a threaded rod on both ends and thus bolts on both ends. Some time that was changed to were the engine mounting bolts are "formed" on one end with a 8 or 10 mm inside hex head "bolt". That is on the right side of the bike. The left side of the bike has an actual nut. So you just take the left side nuts off and drive the engine bolt out towards the right side of the bile with the new engine bolt from T-REX. Also be careful with the spacers. As i recall there is a youtube vid that shows the correct way to install the engine guards.
I did write T-REX about the instructions and they said they would change them as they were wrong for later model Connies. Not sure if they have done that yet,
Still a great product though/ Just have to use a little thought to get them installed.

How fast does T-Rex usually respond to emails? I sent a query about their front bars last night and thus far, nada.

when I wrote them about the instillation instructions I think it was a few days. Small, :) family run business and covid so give them a chance

About an hour after I typed that post I got a reply.

Front guards to be ordered next month. I dumped too much money into the bike last week...!

Any suggestions on places to look for
Crash bars for c14? Like to find some
Real heavy duty ones like police bikes
Have. Have checked out Murphy’s.
James
A guy where I live has a set still in the boxes , comes with a 2019 Concours for $13 k, I asked if he would sell separately but NOOO