• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cruise control?

Triplerock

Does anyone have a recommended cruise control or have experience with one?

I found this one from Fastuplock, and ordered one to try.

https://fastuplock.com

I use a vista cruise (throttle lock, not real cruise control ). My bike came with it on already and it wore out . I just bought one real cheap on Amazon and swapped the worn parts . Good as new .

We have to differentiate between a throttle lock and a cruise control.

Throttle locks are pictured - can't maintain speed on hills.

Cruise control such as the Audiovox CCS-100 and others. Been using one for 15 yrs+.....bulletproof.

HTH

Larry

beat me to the punch Larry, throttle lock is not cruise control.
cruise control as far as I am concerned, the best is the Rostra, from Murph, or audiovox if used on a C10.. both are worth the time of install, and cash. The simple throttle "lock" can be accomplished with an O ring, or a couple rubber bands.. it's not a cruise control.

MOB

Ah yes. I still have the Ooooficial, yellow, Caterpillar o-ring that someone handed out at a past Natl. Rally.  No Connie should be without one.

Larry

Thanx for reminding me Larry.
I buy 10 packs and give them out all the time.
Did a quick look and couldn't find the yellow, soooo,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-Generic-8M4991-Motorcycle-Throttle-Lock-Cruise-Control-Silicone-O-ring/200923046021?epid=1811811827&hash=item2ec7f26085:g:wLwAAOxyVLNSp7XN

NOTE: I agree that we're not offering Cruise Controls and are noting Throttle Locks.
          This is because Fuzz posted that he ordered this;  https://fastuplock.com
                He referred to it as a Cruise Control.

Ride safe, Ted

They ride on the tapered weights on your handlebars.
When you want a Throttle lock, roll them to the intersection of the grip and the weight.

They add a little friction and hold the throttle open.
EZ to twist the throttle back to idle.
Then twist again to adjust speed etc...

After your done, roll them back to the weight.

Works pretty good, and cheap.

Ride safe, Ted

I had the Audiovox CCS-100 on my C-10 and I loved it.  It was a little finicky in the rain
(but shouldn't really be used in the rain anyway).  Cruise control is the shiznit....

Installation (with the vacuum canister *recommended) was straight forward, with
a modification (roller) to guide the CC's cable.  The connection to the throttle was a
PITA to connect, and becomes a hassle (tedious) when pulling the carbs.

The end result is worth it though.

connie_rider said:
Thanx for reminding me Larry.
I buy 10 packs and give them out all the time.
Did a quick look and couldn't find the yellow, soooo,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-Generic-8M4991-Motorcycle-Throttle-Lock-Cruise-Control-Silicone-O-ring/200923046021?epid=1811811827&hash=item2ec7f26085:g:wLwAAOxyVLNSp7XN

NOTE: I agree that we're not offering Cruise Controls and are noting Throttle Locks.
          This is because Fuzz posted that he ordered this;  https://fastuplock.com
                He referred to it as a Cruise Control.

Ride safe, Ted

And for many years the throttle lock was all we had . My Honda 550 four had a twist screw throttle lock . Dangerous as hell but it worked .

Wantabeach, How do you mod the Vista cruise to work on the Connie. I would like to add one for a little arm relief.
MRBILLFM

I use this one. (NEP Cruise Control) It is like the Vista Cruise. They make 3 different models and I get the one for a 2 cable throttle system. I is suppose to lock to the cables as they exit the housing from the bottom. Our c-10 the cables come out the side so I cut off the extension that lock to the cables. Sand down the ridge on the face to make it a little thinner. You can then install it in the gap between the grip and housing. When I get it where I want it I secure it with a little dab of ultra black silicone between the housing and the throttle lock. After that sets up there is a set screw to adjust the tension. Mine are just tight enough to hold in position but you can still move the throttle easy. You could do the same with the Vista Cruise.

The PO had used a small aluminum angle to attach one but that put the thumb release in a bad position for me. So I went with the silicone. That was about 10 years ago.

I can't comment on a real CC I have never spent the money on one.

Like I sed, I've given away a lot of the O'rings to folks at rallies.
On my bikes; I use the Vista Cruise. {On my C-10's and my C-14}

On the C-10, I removed the foot from the Vista Cruise and aligned the remaining leg with the lower front of my throttle housing.
I then drilled a small hole thru both {throttle housing and Vista Cruise leg} and installed a small sheet metal screw.
I've done this on about 6-8 Connies.
"Works great".
Total cost is about $25.00.

The C-14 is a similar installation.

Sorry, but I don't have the bike's handy to take a photo.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Just pulled an audiovox (I think?) cruise control off jeff newman’s old 95. I want to install it on my 01, but I am unsure of how it operates, and how to control it. Anyone have the old Installation instructions And or user manual. I’m usually not one to read directions, but figuring this out while traveling at speed on two wheels seems like a bad idea. Feel free to pm me or find me on the FB Cog site. Thanks in advance!

Just pulled an audiovox (I think?) cruise control off jeff newman’s old 95. I want to install it on my 01, but I am unsure of how it operates, and how to control it. Anyone have the old Installation instructions And or user manual. I’m usually not one to read directions, but figuring this out while traveling at speed on two wheels seems like a bad idea. Feel free to pm me or find me on the FB Cog site. Thanks in advance!
I think Murphs carried that system at one time . You may shoot him an email and he may be able to send you info .

I did my 98 c10 yhe same way as connie rider did his.....worked well, but it is a throttle lock and not a cruise control so ur bike will gain speed going down hill and lose speed going up.... keeping up with friends who have true c.c. will become tedious...jmho