• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dark Side. car tire on C10

Ghost Rider 2

I did a lot of reading about using a car tire on a C10. I did some trial and error to get it correct. I have been running a car tire on back of my 2006 Connie. Worked out well. I just bought a Goldwing and put the bike tire back on the Connie. I have tire, wheel, brackets and spacers to install car tire on a C10. Tire has approx 1,000 miles. If you would be interested in purchasing this set up let me know. If you run lot of interstates or pull a trailer. This set up is great!!

Does it cut a groove in the road when you lean into the turns, or does it force you into a high-side get off?
Just wondering....

What size and brand tire?

Side bar:
Funny guys who ride the darkside are in love. Others who do not find such seemly, so do have the hate on.
Glad it is still a free country to love and hate...... mostly anyway.

Me, find the discussion of the difference between a car bead and motorcycle bead shape and size most interesting.
Would consider a car rim laced to a motorcycle hub most safe. But there are many who feel this is not necessary nor practical.

As a flatlander I do so waste motorcycle rubber wearing the middle in short order. Just too few curves to make for even
wear in my neck of the woods sadly.

Must confess do have the darkside CT fantasy. But have a fantasy for a certain pole dancer too.
Neither of which are likely to be fulfilled in this lifetime. Yes maybe sadly there too.

Oh Pole Grace is her name. How quaint! How skilled. Best of the best. Strong female, maybe never seen a better athlete!

Just so you believe me and why................. www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaN5vo5HRaw&list=RD1JRwLPtCv_I&index=14

Of course in the interest of staying on subject here is Fort9 on car tires on motorcycles! Most informative!

I'm genuinely curious. It seems like the round tread favors the twisty crowd.
If it doesn't harm the handling, then why not?

Interesting video, not many downsides but those two that mentioned are pretty important. I just spent $215 for a pair of Avon's that should last 3 years and about 10,000 miles, that's $71 a year for tires designed and made for the bike, I'm ok with them. I'm also ok with anybody that wants to run a car tire, it's also interesting to see and read about some of the ingenuity involved, but I'll stick with bike specific tires.:) That's me, some ride way more and use way more tires that cost way more than mine. I'm OK with that.

I rode a friends bike with a car tire once years ago . I can't say it felt right at all . Downright scary to be honest . I suppose anyone can get use to anything but I will never consider it after that ride .