• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dash Shelf

slybonesjesse

Sport Tourer
Any one have pics of a BuckSportTouring Dash Shelf, installed with a Cee Bailey windscreen. looking at mounting options for a StreetPilot 2730 ( which I dont have yet ). There are of course the Ram Mount method and that seems ok. But also thinking about Radar Detector mounting too. So I am wondering about the dual ram mount, one on each side kinda thing. Versus a dash shelf and putting them both in the shelf. Then having the wiring tuck down underneath the shelf. 2003 Concours COG #6953 http://mysite.verizon.net/slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm

Slybones, My site is under construction, but the pictures of the shelf are up. I presently have the Zumo 550 and will be replacing the site pix with this configuation. The Streetpilot + the RAM mount is a good way to go. There will be plenty of room for an XM antenna and radar detector too. If you do want to order one, ping me at lrbuck@aol.com or call my cell, 954/415/1828. They are in stock.

Fred, I don't have the Cee Bailey anymore, but I do have Larry's shelf with Street Pilot 2610 (same size as 2730) and XM Radio and camera mount. You're welcome to come take a look at it. Jim Jim #7353 NWCOG - Washington AAD, AMA 941493 Everett, WA Current Bikes: '06 Concours "NTRUDR",'84 Honda VT-500 Ascot Past Bikes: '02 Honda 919, '83 Honda XL200R, '81 Suzuki GS-750E, '69 BSA 441 Victor WB7JH - ARRL Life Member U.S. Navy Retired

Fred, Any chance you would have a picture of your installation. I get this question ofter & a picture would sure help. Please reply off list: lrbuck@aol.com TIA. Larry Buck COG 3451,ROK,MTF,IBA,MSF-RC Buck Sport Touring-"Ride Far" www.bucksporttouring.com

You can check http://www.concours.org/co/tech_dash_shelf.htm for photos of the Bucksporttouring dash shelf I installed on my Concours. Since the photos were taken I removed the homemade mount for the Chatterbox and replaced it with a RAM mount for a Garmin StreetPilot 2720. (And replaced the tacky dangling electric vest wire with a standard BMW plug.)

Randy, That is one of the finest installations I've yet seen. Great pictures! Thanks. Larry Buck COG 3451,ROK,MTF,IBA,MSF-RC Buck Sport Touring-"Ride Far" www.bucksporttouring.com

Hey Randy, I think you need more stuff on/under that shelf. ;) Very nice and clean. Jim #7353 Everett, WA Current Bikes: '06 Concours "NTRUDR",'84 Honda VT-500 Ascot Past Bikes: '02 Honda 919, '83 Honda XL200R, '81 Suzuki GS-750E, '69 BSA 441 Victor WB7JH - ARRL Life Member U.S. Navy Retired