• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dates for Big Bend ??

jim snyder

What are the dates for the Big Bend ride in October? I am trying to plan an Arkansas ride for us northerners who can't go to BB. 

Are you planning this in addition to the Arkansas ride 3rd weekend of Sept. at Jack's? I'll be at Barber Vintage Festival 1st. weekend of Oct., so that weekend want work for me.

You & Ted would miss me terribly!  :nananana:

Cliff  :beerchug:

You'd miss us too!
Don't worry, we'll be there eventually to drink your beer, use your shop,, and tell you how to arrange next years "Rally"..

Ride safe, Ted

The dates for the 2018 Big Bend Ride the Twisties in Alpine, TX are the 18th through the 20th of October, 2018.

I will have reservations up this evening, rooms are blocked for $55 a night at a new venue. I will have that info up this evening.

Jim, why don't you just go ahead and move on up to Arkansas....they could use the genetic variation. :nananana: :beerchug:

Craig

kv5e said:
The dates for the 2018 Big Bend Ride the Twisties in Alpine, TX are the 18th through the 20th of October, 2018.

I will have reservations up this evening, rooms are blocked for $55 a night at a new venue. I will have that info up this evening....

I'll be moving across the pond in Sep.  Not sure I'll have enough time to get settled in, but I'm marking it on my calendar.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Event is posted for Big Bend, all.

Just Cliff said:
Are you planning this in addition to the Arkansas ride 3rd weekend of Sept. at Jack's? I'll be at Barber Vintage Festival 1st. weekend of Oct., so that weekend want work for me.

You & Ted would miss me terribly!  :nananana:

Cliff  :beerchug:

Yes this would be an additional ride in October. I am looking at the 2nd weekend in October (12,13,14th). As mentioned this would be a ride for those not able to make the Big Bend ride as well as anyone else in the SC or surrounding areas that needed an excuse to ride their motorcycle.

kv5e said:
Jim, why don't you just go ahead and move on up to Arkansas....they could use the genetic variation. :nananana: :beerchug:

Craig

I resemble that remark !!! Are you referencing my superior intellect? Actually I really would love to move to Arkansas when I retire.

Does anyone know why the Big Bend rally got moved from spring to fall?  I went the last time it was in March and really liked it, but cannot do rallies in the fall due to college football.

I am not sure but snow on my bike a few times might have been a motivator.  I remember something about that and not having to contend with spring break every year.

WX was too unpredictable in March. It gets pretty warm in late April after the Wildflower so the fall made sense.

Apparently Big Bend is not going to happen. {??}
Nothing has been scheduled. {??}

NOTE: If BB isn't scheduled at the last minute and you still want to do a final ride for the season;
  We are going to ride in Arkansas for a Final Fall Fling.
    We'll be in Clinton Arkansas Oct 18-20 if anyone wants to come ride with us?
    NOTE: We put it on the schedule for people to see, but it will probably not be an official COG event.
                  Just a ride with whomever wants to come ride with us..
                      Rooms {w/Discounts} are still available.
                      Camping nearby..
                    http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328&mo=10&year=2019

Ride safe, Ted

Big Bend will not be a listed COG ride. Pamela and I plan to go to Alpine the same weekend as the Final Fall Fling.

Not sure where we are going to stay either. Right now work and some house issues are taking all of my time.

kv5e said:
Big Bend will not be a listed COG ride. Pamela and I plan to go to Alpine the same weekend as the Final Fall Fling.

Not sure where we are going to stay either. Right now work and some house issues are taking all of my time.

I plan on going out to BB, so let me know where the two of you decide to stay.

fred-houston said:
kv5e said:

I plan on going out to BB, so let me know where the two of you decide to stay.

I'll nail it down in the next week.

I recommend the Hampton Inn on the West side of town. It has covered parking for a few bikes, fire pit and outdoor meeting area. Mike and I have stayed there twice, very nice. No train whistle was heard the whole time.

Ya know most of us do not need a event with food, prizes and fees.  We just need to know where and when.

that's funny.

sorry about that. I road the hwy 191, devil's cut ride this last weekend.

I was initially checking to see if anyone else is still going and probably did not realize that I was still in the wrong place.

Btw. my plans are still to go down to Big Bend, ordering my new set of tires and making hotel reservation this week.
If anyone wants to go, let me know

Ted

NOTE: That was the other "Ted" (ie; my Kuzin, "Ted") that screwed up...  :-[
          But,, being a "Ted", he didn't actually screw up.
                    He was just testing ya'll…  :great:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
                    He was just testing ya'll…  :great:

Did I pass?

redline said:
I was initially checking to see if anyone else is still going and probably did not realize that I was still in the wrong place.

Btw. my plans are still to go down to Big Bend, ordering my new set of tires and making hotel reservation this week.
If anyone wants to go, let me know

Ted

Butch and I plan on being there October 17th thru..? well we haven't decided for sure but probably at least Sunday and then either go hiking in the park or head for Kerreville and the MSTA event the following weekend.
When are you going Ted (redline Ted, not moonshine Ted  ;D )? Where are you staying?  Mr. McCool mentioned the Hampton Inn, but at those rate$ I'd rather go back to the Maverick Inn. Right now I think we'll end up at the Highland Inn unless a bunch of you decide to stay somewhere else.
Last I heard, Craig isn't sure he's going to go but we'll know more closer to that weekend.

I'll decide later today but if I can get a room at the highland Inn, that is where I plan on staying.  I'll head out on friday, ride the river road saturday and head back on sunday, yep, redline .... :)

Grace and I will be there this weekend.  We were fortunate enough to get a Roosevelt Stone Cottage at the Chisos Mountains Lodge in the park.  We're excited! :motonoises: :motonoises:

just made my reservations for 10/18 and 19 at the highland inn. 55.00 inc. tax.  can't beat that

I am flying out on business next week..........@#$^$(*$%$^*^^$)(%$$(*$  :mad:

My expertise is needed up north and this will preclude attendance in BiBe. House repairs from our slab leak are not going to materialize until after next week so my hopes were up until they were dashed by work.

Spare me the "I'm retired" rejoinders :truce:, I am still pervaded by my employer  "black bagging" me into a room lit only by one high intensity light in my eyes and heaping bags of cash on table cajoling me not to retire. ;D

BBFO might be an option to get the fix.

Next year!!!!

I COG riders. I'm planning my First ride with the group to Arkansas. Working on getting my days off & preparing for the ride. Is anyone riding through DFW Texas area on the way up to Clinton? Maybe we can meet up & ride together. Also, a question for you Experienced Tourers; what should I bring? I'll have my bad/ wet weather riding gear, emergency roadside tools etc. Any other suggestions?

arjay2 said:
Have a BIG TIME in BIG BEND everybody!
The Spring Fling is in Arkansas vice Big Bend. I was initially confused as well when the ride changed directions.  Though some did go out to Big Bend this month (I did).

redline said:
just made my reservations for 10/18 and 19 at the highland inn. 55.00 inc. tax.  can't beat that

You know Ted, when you announce reservations on the forum, you are morally obligated to announce the cancellation of same. ::)

Sorry you aren't here, but no fear we are enjoying the great roads and weather without you. We were getting a bit worried though, so we checked with Sam and he said you cancelled.
Take care and we hope to see you next year. :great:

Sorry Marty , too much back and forth.
Should have let ya'll know. Totally missed that.

I've been trying to get out there this weekend so bad but every time something else kept messing this up. Maybe it wasn't meant to be?  Nahhhh

Hope you all enjoy and that we can all meet up next year!!!

Safe Travels

Ted

redline said:
Sorry Marty , too much back and forth.
Should have let ya'll know. Totally missed that.

I've been trying to get out there this weekend so bad but every time something else kept messing this up. Maybe it wasn't meant to be?  Nahhhh

Hope you all enjoy and that we can all meet up next year!!!

Safe Travels

Ted

What Ted Said about next year.

Have to fly out again Monday on business. Also learned of two new long term multi-year projects coming into my lap so hopefully the house is finished before the end of the year and I can carve out some riding time.

We have made reservations for Vancouver and I have that on my work calendar.

giphy.gif

I  smell the hot chain  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: on a H2 SX SE+ next year, but with no place for Pamela to sit comfortably, it will not be an easy sell.

Be safe out there and have fun at MSTA next week.

Craig

fartymarty said:
redline said:

You know Ted, when you announce reservations on the forum, you are morally obligated to announce the cancellation of same. ::)

Sorry you aren't here, but no fear we are enjoying the great roads and weather without you. We were getting a bit worried though, so we checked with Sam and he said you cancelled.
Take care and we hope to see you next year. :great:

Justa fyi; The Ted mentioned above was Kuzin' Ted, not Connie_Rider' Ted...

Ride safe, Ted  {the other one}

connie_rider said:
Justa fyi; The Ted mentioned above was Kuzin' Ted, not Connie_Rider' Ted...

Ride safe, Ted  {the other one}

Yeah I know, you could tell I wasn't talkin' 'bout you because I said "Hope to see you next year."  :)) :))

I only pick on the ones I love. Mostly. :great: