• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dave Moss C14 suspension upgrade

kzz1king

I have been going through some of Dave Moss's YouTube stuff. He has done a suspension upgrade video series in the 14. Too bad its not a freebie to see the whole thing. Not sure I wanna pay $48 for the year but might. Anyone watch it?

I haven't seen it either but watched a lot on You tube about setting the sag and adjusting the damping.
Trying that process helped me. It' ain't perfect, but it is better.

Ride safe, Ted

I haven't seen it either but watched a lot on You tube about setting the sag and adjusting the damping.
Trying that process helped me. It' ain't perfect, but it is better.

Ride safe, Ted
I sent both ends in to be rebuilt at about 70k. Revalved and resprung according to my weight and gear. I bolted it all in and never touched a dial. It was a great improvement. I didnt use this outfit but this is the one from the Dave Moss video.

I sent my front and rear suspension in to be re-valved and re-sprung to my weight and riding style and have loved it.....should have done that when I first got the bike! I'm not a fast or hard rider, but the handling is a dream and inspires much more confidence.

I sent my front and rear suspension in to be re-valved and re-sprung to my weight and riding style and have loved it.....should have done that when I first got the bike! I'm not a fast or hard rider, but the handling is a dream and inspires much more confidence.
Who did you use? I felt the same after I did mine.

I am curious about how much a rebuild will set someone back. My best guess in round numbers would be around $500. Am I close?

Heres mine. I didnt need a new spring in the rear because I am a light weight 😄. Had to pay to ship it there as well. I am very happy with it. i had new fork seals installed also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215-083228~2.png
    Screenshot_20221215-083228~2.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 174
Heres mine. I didnt need a new spring in the rear because I am a light weight 😄. Had to pay to ship it there as well. I am very happy with it. i had new fork seals installed also
That is about what I expected. Might need to consider before the riding season.

Who did you use? I felt the same after I did mine.
Sorry Wayne. I missed this question. I used a guy out of Idaho. He did good work and installed the racetec valves I asked for. The front and rear cost me about 1K if I remember correctly....not including shipping. I can send you his contact info if you like.

I am curious about how much a rebuild will set someone back. My best guess in round numbers would be around $500. Am I close?
This year I had my front forks rebuilt locally and it cost $400. This week I am sending my rear shock for a rebuild to the person who originally made it rebuildable and customized it. I will let you know what the rear costs.

I had the front rebuilt because the fork seals were leaking after getting 65K and the last 50 miles were on a dirt road after getting lost. The shock is getting rebuilt because it also has 65K on it.