• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Death Valley M&G Spring 2020

Looking at a M&G in or around Death Valley Spring of 2020. Anybody in?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Hell no

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • If wildflowers are blooming

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cali Cruiser said:
And ride again we shall Mr Keith!
So looking forward to this. Missed too many last year. And was deprived of the glorious eats as described by all the lucky attendees.

Thank you for stepping up for this once again!

SW riding the curves again.

WANDRNG said:
Cali Cruiser said:
So looking forward to this. Missed too many last year. And was deprived of the glorious eats as described by all the lucky attendees.

Yessir- happy to do it and glad you can make it.

WANDRNG said:
Cali Cruiser said:

:beerchug: :great: :motonoises: :)

Please take a moment to register for this event on COG

It helps us get a head count for food and reservations and important stuff

This event is free and open to everyone - registering costs nothing

Register Here

Nottacop said:
Ted and I are booked. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Can’t wait to try Archers Swine. As Caffineman said; I’d call the place to reserve. Nice people. Cheers!

Welp- here we go again 😂😂😂 It pleases me to no end that you are coming- it’s on!

Thanks for putting it on the calendar Keith.  I signed up with 2 guests (my roommates).  I'm providing water (4 cases) and my friends will be bringing a side dish.  Possibly also an airpot of coffee on Sat. morning.  Depending on who wakes up when.  ;D

ETA:  I'm bringing a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon.

Suggested Sat route. Gas in Shoshone and should be good for the entire loop. Gas is also available in Furnace Creek (stoopid expensive). Historic sites are the remains of the Ashford mill site. Artists loop is a nice one way speed limited road through some really panoramic terrain colors. Bad water is the lowest point in the Continental US some 200 odd feet below sea level. You can stop and walk out to the lake bed. Look up at the cliffs to the east. You will be up there soon. At the intersection you can turn left into Furnace Creek village for lunch. I suggest the burger at the golf course. Just a bit further is the Borax Mill site. Interesting walk about. Do Not Miss Dantes view. A really fun road where you will see the temps drop by 20 degrees and make some serious altitude gain. At the top you will have an unparalleled view of Bad Water. The road, ride and view is awesome. Follow the route down and to Amargosa. Site of the Amargosa Hotel and Opera House. Supposedly the most haunted location in America. Stop for an ice cream. Power back to Rally HQ stopping in Shoshone to stock up on fuel, Water and needed supplies. CU in the mineral springs. https://goo.gl/maps/GVbVXMUWBcwanBog6
C'Man as the local expert thoughts?

I guess now is a good time to post these links for wildflower status:

https://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca_dv.html

Desert USA wildflower report for Death Valley.  The best site for wildflower status.  It contains photos and reports from people that travel to the area.  It also reposts the absurdly terse, designed to convince you to stay away, official wildflower update from the park itself.

The park wildflower update is below because it has some good background on wildflowers in general:

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/nature/wildflowers.htm

One caution when reading the NPS site:  it tends to downplay the wildflowers.  In 2016, the year of the superbloom, they were like: not a superbloom nope nothing to see here not a superbloom everyone stay away not a superbloom!  Oh, ok guess its really a superbloom after all...

Old Man on a Connie said:
Suggested Sat route. Gas in Shoshone and should be good for the entire loop. Gas is also available in Furnace Creek (stoopid expensive). Historic sites are the remains of the Ashford mill site. Artists loop is a nice one way speed limited road through some really panoramic terrain colors. Bad water is the lowest point in the Continental US some 200 odd feet below sea level. You can stop and walk out to the lake bed. Look up at the cliffs to the east. You will be up there soon. At the intersection you can turn left into Furnace Creek village for lunch. I suggest the burger at the golf course. Just a bit further is the Borax Mill site. Interesting walk about. Do Not Miss Dantes view. A really fun road where you will see the temps drop by 20 degrees and make some serious altitude gain. At the top you will have an unparalleled view of Bad Water. The road, ride and view is awesome. Follow the route down and to Amargosa. Site of the Amargosa Hotel and Opera House. Supposedly the most haunted location in America. Stop for an ice cream. Power back to Rally HQ stopping in Shoshone to stock up on fuel, Water and needed supplies. CU in the mineral springs. https://goo.gl/maps/GVbVXMUWBcwanBog6
C'Man as the local expert thoughts?
I R stoopid. Try this one. https://goo.gl/maps/sS7AJM3nHvgj3PCE8

Mark's route is good for maximizing scenery and flowers!

Another route for those that want to go far and fast.  Tecopa to Lone Pine, CA for lunch:

https://goo.gl/maps/uZwsShyEGNsoKctX8

Or you can shorten it up and turn around earlier at either Father Crowley Point or the Death Valley sign (which maximizes twisties) and maybe hit up Panamint Springs for lunch.

Be Advised: I now have both of my ECU’s updated by Ivans and will have the loaner unit along with me for those who would like to see how it feels in their bike- it basically works in any C14- just plug it in a ride. You can use it on the trip until the next person wants to try it. Sharing is caring 😂
See ya there!

Cali Cruiser said:
Be Advised: I now have both of my ECU’s updated by Ivans and will have the loaner unit along with me for those who would like to see how it feels in their bike- it basically works in any C14- just plug it in a ride. You can use it on the trip until the next person wants to try it. Sharing is caring 😂
See ya there!

Hmm.  I may take you up on that.  In which case I may have to do the Father Crowley Point route to hit the twisties and elevation changes!

Hmm.  I may take you up on that.  In which case I may have to do the Father Crowley Point route to hit the twisties and elevation changes!
[/quote]

It’s going to be a great time and yes, plug that thing in !!  A few others are into giving it a whirl so you can all work that out easy enough.

Here's another site-seeing option, added on to Mark's route:

After hitting up Furnace Creek, head north, take the Beatty cutoff, and hit up the Rhyolite mining ghost town.  It's got a cool old railroad station, other ghost town buildings, and some weird sculptures along the way.  It's just 2-3 miles off the road to Beatty.  Then hit up Beatty for gas and possibly lunch.  The place I usually ate at has changed hands and the reviews aren't as good, but you can try Gema's cafe, or hit up the Happy Burro Chili and Beer.  Chili is pretty good.  Or just munch on candy at the Death Valley Nut and Candy Company at Eddie World gas station.

Or if you don't want to go that far, head towards Beatty, but stop at the rest area up the hill where Beatty Cutoff intersects with Daylight Pass Rd. and admire the view back down towards Death Valley.  Or stop here on your way back from Beatty.

Then head back down the way you came to Furnace Creek, then up to Dante's View, following Mark's route.

https://goo.gl/maps/E4zNZjwTnUNw4JyX7

Keep in mind that the park rangers have radar and are on the lookout and the CHP patrols the main road through the park as it's a state highway, CA-190.  CHP likes to sit on CA-190 coming out of DV running downhill to Death Valley Junction.  Alas, I have firsthand knowledge of this.  I find it helpful to sing the chorus of that old Motown tune as I ride along:

"...nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide..."  ;D

Attention Troy:  there is no Isle of Death Valley unless you wanna go all the way to Lone Pine.  :rotflmao:

That run from Panamint springs to the park entrance sign is AWESOME. Highly recommenced for those that want to stretch the day. Also a good entry point for those coming in from the North/North west. Like the million dollar hwy in CO without trees and a dried up river. No guard rails, sweet 180 degree cutbacks, amazing views. Serious elevation changes. If your lucky you may see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAW6u4Yt1w  Follow up for C man on the Po Po. Speed limit in the park IIRC is a laggardly 50mph. 60 is usually accepted, 65 will get you a look. The good news is if you get pulled by the park Rangers the fine goes to park charities and there are no points as it is fed land. CHP all rules apply. Watch for Euro tourists stopped in the road to take pic's. In the majority of the park there is no cell service. Fuel is available in Panamint springs, Stovepipe wells and Furnace creek.

Speed limits:

Tecopa to Shoshone:  60

Shoshone on CA-178 into the park over Salsbury pass and part way down the hill:  65

From there to Furnace Creek:  45!  With a stretch of 55.

Furnace Creek to Stovepipe Wells:  60.

Stovepipe Wells all the way to US-395:  65

Furnace Creek to Death Valley Junction and back to Shoshone:  65

Also FYI the gas at Stovepipe Wells is only 87 octane.

CaffeineMan said:
Speed limits:

Shoshone on CA-178 into the park over Salsbury pass and part way down the hill:  65

There ya go from boots on the ground.  :beerchug:

CaffeineMan said:
Speed limits:

Russ shouldn’t go....

redline said:
he'll need some caffein when he gets there ... ft.worth to death valley

I’m a Dr., I’ll administer the necessary vodka treatments as needed until the patient is once again responsive.

Cali Cruiser said:
Nottacop said:
That would be incredible! I can’t wait to see this area.

It’ll probably be 130 degrees out just for us 😂

June 2013.  7 years and 40 pounds ago.  :rotflmao:

Attachments

• Death Valley 131 small.jpg
    Death Valley 131 small.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 144
Gscott said:
Cman isn't that where that plane hit a couple of months ago, pilot killed several onlookers injured?

You mean Star Wars Canyon?  I hadn’t heard that.  But I don’t have TV so I’m kinda out of the loop unless it’s the weather.

CaffeineMan said:
Gscott said:
Cman isn't that where that plane hit a couple of months ago, pilot killed several onlookers injured?

You mean Star Wars Canyon?  I hadn’t heard that.  But I don’t have TV so I’m kinda out of the loop unless it’s the weather.
Just the pilot. No observers injured. There's a photo out there of the hole it left.

Cman the crash I posted about was at star wars canyon. Off on the date, happened last July.
Oldman on this one pilot killed seven onlookers injured none seriously 

Gscott said:
Cman the crash I posted about was at star wars canyon. Off on the date, happened last July.
Interesting. Had never seen that one. Got a linky?

Gscott said:
Interesting. Had never seen that one. Got a linky?

As much as I’d hope to be sure I’m not but this may be the link you seek- if not I look forward to seeing you there soon!  https://youtu.be/K4WEi7y6OWs

So i really want to make this ride , but not sure if i can yet, havent registered or bought a room, are there even any rooms left or did any one rent out the houses or cottages have room for one more, if you do i will pitch in on the room cost, if i Dont make it ill pay my share anyway!

(In reference for the YouTube link above) (clear YouTube history before going to work!)
Oh, by the way I had an interesting surprise during our meeting at work this morning. When I plugged in my phone to the projector to go over a safety video off YouTube, the guys and I had a good laugh starring at “Stripper in Death Valley!” Needless to say there was a lot of explaining to do. Lol!

FTB530 said:
So i really want to make this ride , but not sure if i can yet, havent registered or bought a room, are there even any rooms left or did any one rent out the houses or cottages have room for one more, if you do i will pitch in on the room cost, if i Dont make it ill pay my share anyway!
I rented a cottage that says 4 adult occupancy for myself, so should be a whole room or pullout available. Not really sure what the configuration is but you're welcome.

HeavyRotation said:
FTB530 said:
I rented a cottage that says 4 adult occupancy for myself, so should be a whole room or pullout available. Not really sure what the configuration is but you're welcome.
Pm me some info on price please.

I've been telling people I'm riding to Death Valley ...all for a barbecue.  Looking forward to it.

Chris

have you seen what they charge these days for that? gotta take a small loan out....  bring a shovel instead :)

FYI.  Given the bullsh*t going on currently, Costco is out of bottled water.  I have 4 cases of 24 bottles of 16.9oz Dasani for the group and will attempt to pick up a couple more here and there.

I'm expecting we can buy individual bottled waters at places in the park, or in Beatty, as we ride.  But the zillion-small-bottle cases I was planning to pick up are not there and even the smaller cases of bottled water are getting harder to find.  I don't think this will be a problem, and I think everyone here is aware of the situation, so this is just a word to the wise.  I will post up if things change.

The good news is that Total Wine is still well stocked with bourbon and I will compensate by bringing a second bottle of Buffalo Trace.  ;D

I am getting psyched to see you all and hope you will enjoy riding the beautiful desert that is basically my back yard.  Wildflowers have been only OK, but maybe the recent rains and cool weather (65 degrees) here will mean an uptick in flowers when the weather warms up in 3 weeks!

:beerchug:

I'm thinking of this route once I leave my daughter's place in Palo Alto. 

index.php

It takes me through Yosemite and by Mono Lake.  I'd probably stay somewhere in between, just to give enough time to see something and take pictures to make those who didn't come feel jealous.  ;)

Is Mono Lake worth seeing?

Chris

Attachments

• Route.jpg
    Route.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 240
Great route. Bishop is a funky little town that probably has the last lodging you'll see beside the local motels. Days in is pretty decent there and walking distance to eats. Nice BBQ place there. The Panamint road into the park is one of my favorite local roads. To tag onto what C Man is saying, there is no drinking water available at the hot springs as all water is mineral water. So bring whatever drinking water you may need. Pretty sure bottled water will be available in Shoshone

It is a great route!! Though I think The Tioga pass in Yosemite is still closed and likely will remain closed through early April.  So you may need to go south...

Daboo said:
I'm thinking of this route once I leave my daughter's place in Palo Alto. 
It takes me through Yosemite and by Mono Lake.
Is Mono Lake worth seeing?

Yes - Mono is worth a few minutes stop if you are riding by, the first time. I would not call it a destination though.

Hwy 4,  Hwy 108 and Hwy 120 (through Yosemite) are all closed. They are getting more snow as I type this. They will all be closed until mid-May earliest. (Hwy 89 that gets you from 88 to 395 will be closed also, you'll have to go north from the 88 - see below)  :(

In the north Sierras,  Hwy 80, Hwy 50 and Hwy 88 are always open (except in the middle of an actual snow event)
Hwy 88: https://goo.gl/maps/WMdGgzbsZUNTgpAH7

Central Sierras - no passes will be open

Further South Sierras (about Bakersfield), Hwy 178 past Lake Isabella is the first passable road.
Hwy 178: https://goo.gl/maps/WGNq5jeYU7dowySv5
You could also try Hwy 155 to Hwy 178 (depending on weather and shape of the small farm road)
https://goo.gl/maps/p3qPTYRusZ8a7HmV8

As for me, from the central valley:
if the weather is fabulous I may ride Hwy 88 over to 395 and down
if I'm short on time or the weather sucks - I'll be doing Hwy 178 or superslab through Barstow

You can look up California road conditions/status here https://roads.dot.ca.gov/

Keith is the local boots on the ground expert. Are they gonna allow you across the border? Or back? Perspiring minds want to know. You will be the farthest traveled. I have a trophy awaiting your appearance.  :beerchug: ;)

Keith is the local boots on the ground expert. Are they gonna allow you across the border? Or back? Perspiring minds want to know. You will be the farthest traveled. I have a trophy awaiting your appearance.  :beerchug: ;)
Farthest traveled...definitely dumbest. 

Chris

Can I get an extra pork sammich for being the shortest travelled?

;D

Just had to cancel my trip. Had a cottage booked if anyone was looking for a room, it might be available if you contact the resort

COG SW DV Meet and greet is still on. I will be contacting the lodging venue to make sure they are still clear and will advise. In the meantime these rules will be enforced by the sergeant at arms (crap we have no sergeant at arms) No Bro hugs, 6 foot limit. Elbow bumps only, no high fives or fist bumps. Sharing of shot glasses will not be tolerated unless disinfected first. Kisses will be allowed but no tongue. Sloppy seconds are highly discouraged. Archer is under self quarantine. You can wave at him through the window of his trailer. Yvonne will serve. I will provide mineral spring water hose downs as needed.

Just came across this...

https://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm

Visitor Centers are temporarily CLOSED
Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health in consultation with NPS Public Health Service officers, Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells Visitor Centers are closed. Updates will be posted to the park website.

Campgrounds CLOSING
On March 18 at noon, Furnace Creek, Mesquite Spring, Texas Springs, and Emigrant campgrounds will close. Stovepipe Wells and Sunset campgrounds will close March 19. This is due to shortage of CDC recommended PPE to protect custodians from COVID-19 spread.

Chris

Daboo said:
Just came across this...

https://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm

Visitor Centers are temporarily CLOSED
Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health in consultation with NPS Public Health Service officers, Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells Visitor Centers are closed. Updates will be posted to the park website.

Campgrounds CLOSING
On March 18 at noon, Furnace Creek, Mesquite Spring, Texas Springs, and Emigrant campgrounds will close. Stovepipe Wells and Sunset campgrounds will close March 19. This is due to shortage of CDC recommended PPE to protect custodians from COVID-19 spread.

Chris

The good news is that the camp zone is some distance from those areas and we can ride to any place that has gas at the time. To my knowledge there has been no ban placed on our typical evening activities and that is one of the biggest draws!!

COG SW DV Meet and greet is still on. I will be contacting the lodging venue to make sure they are still clear and will advise. In the meantime these rules will be enforced by the sergeant at arms (crap we have no sergeant at arms) No Bro hugs, 6 foot limit. Elbow bumps only, no high fives or fist bumps. Sharing of shot glasses will not be tolerated unless disinfected first. Kisses will be allowed but no tongue. Sloppy seconds are highly discouraged. Archer is under self quarantine. You can wave at him through the window of his trailer. Yvonne will serve. I will provide mineral spring water hose downs as needed.

Let it be known that I’ve cancelled my quarantine and have also cancelled the “no tongue” thing.

Cali Cruiser said:
To my knowledge there has been no ban placed on our typical evening activities and that is one of the biggest draws!!
Square dancing, where we swing our partners 6' to the cooler to get us another beer. Jenga where everybody has to use a 6' stick. 6' Keg stands.
And lastly where 6' OMC has to read each card.

Gumby said:
Cali Cruiser said:
To my knowledge there has been no ban placed on our typical evening activities and that is one of the biggest draws!!
Square dancing, where we swing our partners 6' to the cooler to get us another beer. Jenga where everybody has to use a 6' stick. 6' Keg stands.
And lastly where 6' OMC has to read each card.

Maybe we need to come up with a “Plan B” as an option if the original plan fails due to some closure. Camping is pretty plentiful in that area or maybe Randsburg Cabins...... anything at all works for me. 

Dangit I'm all 3 and I ain"t sleeping on the ground. If req'd I shall drag the the trailer that sleeps 6. And a hygiene check shall be req'd. Pity you turds that have to climb a ladder to mount.

Debating here.  I'm not trucking my bike in.  If they close things, I have no where to sleep except on the ground.

Sitting on the fence here.  I change my mind several times a day.

Like I just told my wife, I'll probably encounter more people in one trip to Fred Meyer or Safeway than I will in the entire trip.  What I can't control, is your governor.  If he locks down the entire state, what do I do?

Sigh....

Chris

Im not sure what a "state lockdown" means as far as enforceable authority goes. The only way that such a declaration is significant is if it provides some obstacle to gas and food purchases. Thankfully, we live in a country where government edicts abrogating constitutionally guaranteed rights carry no weight of law, so Newscum can kiss my white ass. We'll just call this thing a protest and add 1st amendment protections to the 4th and 14th amendment protections we already enjoy.  :beerchug:

Just cancelled my reservation.  So there's a room available, if anyone is interested.

Chris

I am sorry to see that Chris and Jonathan cannot make it, but I completely understand. Hopefully you two can make our next Meet and Greet! Be safe and thank you for your interest in coming.

Daboo said:
Just cancelled my reservation.  So there's a room available, if anyone is interested.

Chris
I just had another coworker go out on quarantine so they may cancel my leave. Being an "essential employee" sucks. Maybe i'll see ya at the Bun Cooler, be well.

Bless ya'll for the tough call. I hear ya. Event is still on. I spoke with the lodging and they are still operating normally. I will keep all posted as well as possible. Hour by Hour.  :beerchug:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/19/california-governor-issues-stay-at-home-order-for-residents/

California Governor Issues ‘Stay at Home’ Order for Residents

Office of the Governor of California / Twitter
Mar 20203,049
1:30

California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a statewide order for all of the state’s residents to “stay at home” during the coronavirus pandemic.

“We need to bend the curve in the state of California,” Newsom said in an announcement. “There’s a social contract here. People I think recognize the need to do more. They will adjust and adapt as they have.”

“Home isolation is not my preferred choice … but it is a necessary one,” Newsom added. “This is not a permanent state; it is a moment in time.”

In accordance with the new “stay at home” measure, dine-in restaurants, bars, clubs, gyms, and fitness studios will be closed. Public events and gatherings of people are also not permitted.

That right there is gonna put the kabash on meeting in Cali. so let's round up the trailers across the border in Nevada and ride.

Glamping-in-Oklahoma-Covered-wagons.jpg

Same prob in NV. UT is rumored to be closing it's border. Suspect Nat Parks will be shutting down soon.  :'(

Same prob in NV. UT is rumored to be closing it's border. Suspect Nat Parks will be shutting down soon.  :'(

Where you hearing the Utah rumors?

Didn't plan it this way, but God has a way of planning things beyond what I can.

I took my 92 year old Father-In-Law to the hospital today.  He has a foot infection.  It's getting serious.  We either cure it, or he loses his foot.

I got trained on how to inject anti-biotics into his bloodstream.  Every 24 hrs.  At the same time each day.  I love him, but I have to admit he'd never remember how to do this five minutes after he got in the car to go home.

There's a verse in the Bible that has come back to me several times in the last couple days.

Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The first part, is obvious to me.  The second part where I love my neighbor as myself is becoming more obvious every day.  If I get exposed to someone who has the virus and give it to my FIL, who cares what the infection in his foot does.  He'll be dead in a couple weeks.  And he'll pass it on to his wife of 68 years and she will be dead also.

And so I'll hope to go to Death Valley next year to meet up with everyone and hopefully get one of those wonderful flower blooms next year.  And do what I can for my neighbor this year.

Chris

You are making the right decision. I still plan on going if we are still on. My wife treats cancer patients. i have to be careful for the same reason. if she gets sick because of me, she can carry that to her patients.

God bless you and hope you FIL will be well

Ted

Well, I guess this trip is not happening for me. I emailed the Lodge and got this response. All I can say is I’m looking forward to next year.

Hello, due to the extreme influx of cancellations we are unable to issue refunds at this time. We will issue a credit for the amount of what you paid towards a future reservation. Please save this email as proof of credit. When making your future reservation please call us at 760-852-4343 and use the same name you used in the original reservation.

Thank you for your understanding and for supporting our small business. These are trying times we wish nothing but for the health and safety of our guests. We appreciate your patience as we work to navigate through the uncertainties ahead. Your support of our small business makes all the difference. Stay safe and we will see you in the future.

SWCOG Death Valley Meet and Greet. With heavy heart I have decided to postpone this event. Based on recent developments and closure's, Travel restrictions and may be some difficulty in lodging we will POSTPONE, not cancel this event. From what I am able to gather lodging will not be issuing refunds but issuing credit for future stay's So maybe we can use this venue for this years Marine Corps Birthday/Vets day M&E. I was really excited about this gathering as I know many of you were. Stay safe, wash your **** skinners regularly and get out there for a ride. I will be doing both. CU soon.

:??:

But everybody go enjoy a nice ride on a lonely road. With proper social distance of course.

See ya all at the next event.

:)

Would have been a helluva event Mark!! Good idea to postpone. We were going to have a lot of participation, fun times, and a great BBQ!

In the meantime I agree with Mark and Keith! Stay safe and get out and ride!! I have been and will continue too!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

I’m sure we will more than make up for it and this Friday’s ride is a good start but some of the suprise fun we had planned is kinda irreplaceable. That alone was going to make this a great one I think. Oh well.....

Well, today, I would've been leaving the Medford, OR area and heading down to Palo Alto to stay tonight with my daughter and her husband.  I'd be leaving tomorrow morning early and head toward the M&G.  A lot of riding.  A lot of smiles.

As it turns out, the decision to cancel was a good one.  I'm riding nearly every day...just not in the way I had planned.  I'm giving my 92 yr old FIL an infusion of anti-biotics for his foot infection.  If he doesn't get it, he'll lose his foot and possibly his leg.  If I was gone, my wife would be doing it, but she's busy creating online lessons for her accounting students that she teaches.  I'm doing most of the shopping for both families.  Trying to make my stops after I leave the inlaws to give the most time in the garage before taking it to them.  He appreciates it.  My wife appreciates it. 

And I never had a clue that this would ever be happening.

I had an interesting thought.  Interesting to me, anyway.  ;)  When this first started, there were three small dots in the USA on the coronavirus map.  Now, the map looks like it has a case of measles.  How did it get to those places in the "fly over" states?  People traveling.

A lot has changed in a week.

Chris

Keep your lodging credit's handy, We wiil plan the USMC birthday/ Vet's Day at the same location. First 2 weeks of November. Weather should be awesome. Stand by to Stand by.