• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

December BBQ RTE

lddave

Moped
The days are getting shorter and cooler so it must be time for the December BBQ RTE .
The eleventh annual LDDave's December BBQ RTE will take place at

Kreuz BBQ
619 North Colorado
Lockhart,Texas
December 1 2012
1pm.

Eat some good BBQ and then hang out in the parking lot and visit.

I Kreuzed right by Kreuz BBQ this last weekend on my way to Blacks BBQ where I get a free drink with my meal.  Is Kreuz that much better or worse?

Dave if you want me to put this on the COG calendar I can.  It is best to submit it direct to me through email so I am sure not to miss it.  You can also try to enter it yourself, you aad you.  I will just have to post it after you are done.

smithr-scad said:
I Kreuzed right by Kreuz BBQ this last weekend on my way to Blacks BBQ where I get a free drink with my meal.  Is Kreuz that much better or worse?

Dave if you want me to put this on the COG calendar I can.  It is best to submit it direct to me through email so I am sure not to miss it.  You can also try to enter it yourself, you aad you.  I will just have to post it after you are done.

I have eaten at all of them in Lockhart..  Ya, I'm bragging.  IN MY Opinion, Blacks has a small edge because of their sausage, but it is an absolute BIT^% to get in, get your food, and find a place to sit down and eat.  Kreuz is also great BBQ, but a lot easier to park, and sit down and eat.  I like both, but Blacks sausage is second to none as as far as I am concerned.  As for the ribs and brisket, they are about equal.  I have not tried the chicken or turkey at either one.

Hey Dave, Doug and I both plan on attending.

Fred

It is on the calendar now.  Hope we can get all the 512 to show up.  Come on homies represent.

Are there any riders in Houston that are going to meet up and travel up as a group ride????????
If so, where is the meet up possible in far west Houston, I-10 area......???????????? :great: :great:

RangeRider said:
  Are there any riders in Houston that are going to meet up and travel up as a group ride????????
If so, where is the meet up possible in far west Houston, I-10 area......???????????? :great: :great:

There are three of us heading out from the Rosenberg area.  We will probably head out 90A and then take some back FM roads.  We plan to eat breakfast in Rosenberg around 8AM.  If you would like to join us, PM me your email and I will let you know when we decide on where we are going to eat breakfast.

Fred

Weather today was great which helped the turnout today . I arrived about noon and there already was about 60 bikes . Hope everyone had a good time and thanks for making the 11 th December BBQ RTE a success .

Dave not sure how I missed you but I did.  I was there at 1 and it looks like I was late.  I got a couple pics but may turn them in for use in club magazine.  It was a great day for a ride and we had good bbq and enjoyed hanging in the parking lot.

Bob I left little after 2 . Some folks showed up at the previous years start time of 11am instead of 1 pm . Sorry I missed you . Might try Lone Star BMW Christmas party this weekend .

I had hoped to make this but it didn't pan for me.  If it was THIS weekend I could have I suspect.  ANyways, rode the/a bike for the first time since April 12 today.  Kinda shaky.  No muscle memory left I guess.  Have to start over.  I'll make a RTE before too long maybe.  Glad all had a good time.

Chuck,

Muscle memory will return and you went through a pretty nasty TA on the Turbo.........being human is humbling sometimes.

We've got Wildflower, MotoGP, and I just scheduled Big Bend so you have some woodshedding time coming up.......as soon as you get behind me it will all come back....that's if you can still see my tail light. :motonoises:

greenman

Honestly Craig, I was shocked at my timidity.  I'm not accustomed to experiencing that... quite the opposite in fact.  But I'm sure it'll fade.