• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Deckers, CO

Wineguy

Moped
Wife and I took a very fun ride last Saturday to Deckers. It took us about 4.5 hours round trip from Colorado Springs, and the scenery was breathtaking! We stopped alongside the highway where two creeks came together just to take a few pics. The ride was also challenging, as there was one stretch of 3.5 miles over a dirt road (on our street bikes) with a short stretch of 15% grade (very steep!!!). Neither of us dropped the bike, and just took it easy in first gear the 3.5 miles. Made it no problem and cruised the rest of the way home. Several miles of the road was 25 mph and wound its way right alongside the South Platte River which was filled with people floating down the river on inner tubes, rafts, and kayaks. This was the most challenging ride I've had in my short time having my license (April '08), and definitely the most fun. Here's a link to a few pics - no exciting action shots, just scenery, motorcycles and faces. Deckers Pics Link This was a great prep ride for next weekend. Jan and I are joining 16 other riders in our riding club (the Zebulon Cruisers), and are joining the 10th annual 5-in-1 put on by the local Harley group. The route covers more than 260 miles and goes over 5 different 10,000 foot passes in one day, with an overnight in Breckenridge, Colorado. Should be a great way to celebrate my birthday. :)

Nice write-up and pictures. What make/model is your wife's bike? Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

Hi Greg, she got a great deal on a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. The PO needed to sell (still not sure why). He bought it new for $6,700, and sold it to Jan last Fall after 4 months and only 700 miles for $4,500 including two helmets, two jackets and gloves. She's a great shopper, and as you can see the bike is gorgeous and perfect for her.

Welcome & happy (early) birthday. Hang around here long enuf & you'll be ridin 260 miles...before lunch! ;) 01 Conc, Mijami Floriduh Over the Pond 06: http://tinyurl.com/2vk9o2 route map: http://tinyurl.com/4p7pmd
y6xlq5.jpg
yrf2z1.jpg
yr5ihh.jpg
y6x7zt.jpg

Sounds like a great day. I was thinking the same thing though Paulie. Nice wife enjoys the ride with ya. Sounds like a keeper. ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br