• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Decks and Docks RTE 2-22-2020

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Time for celebrating that (usually a) February THAW with Tom's annual Alabama RTE.

"Decks and Docks "overlooks the lake and is in NE Alabama. Y'all come now, ya hear?

This replaces the famous Barry's Brr B Q Ride of years past. Hope to see you there. (Cages welcome!)

Decks and Docks Restaurant
165 Chambers St
Leesburg , AL  35983

There's still ample opportunity for chilliness to make its presence known. But, this is a Febrrrrrruary event, after all!
Encouraged by the interest shown. Got the oil changed on mine today in anticipation.
Four hex screws to lower the skid plate, and Voila!, her oil is changed with the turn of a 14 mm nut and a screw on filter. Lovin' the Vstrom....
See you folks soon!!

Terrific!! Hope to see you there. Forecast for me is a cold ride (like last year, but that's okay!)

Forecast a week out:  51 for a high, 37 for low, 20% chance of rain, partly cloudy, wind SW at 4.  We'll see if it holds.  We've had a coupla snowflakes and a coupla tornadoes in north Alabama in recent weeks, so you never know. ;D

Heading out from my house around 11:30 AM EST to arrive early at the restaurant by 11:30 CST. Let me know if you want to ride over with me.
Otherwise, see you there!

I'll be by about 11. Have the HOT coffee on. I've the heated gear out and ready.

Thanks Tom.

Ron

Wife has arthritis but she's a trooper... if at all possible, we'll head out in time to be there pretty much right at 11:30.  We're thinking about getting a cabin in Mentone or Guntersville to spend the night tomorrow night and head back home Sunday morning before the rain.

You guys have a great time. My Goldwing chapter is hosting an event 25 miles from home. Kinda hard not to go.  TCARS!

...and a good lunch and time was had by 6 hardy souls!!  320 cool miles for me with a 31 degree departure temp. 

Nice to meet you, Allan and Matt! Hope you come out again soon.

Ron

Good food and conversation, great to meet everyone. it was about 315 miles round trip. When I turned the key on my bike (z900rs), the temp display said "ICE". It was 30f at 8am and 52f when I pulled into Deck and Docks. It stayed in the 50s all the way back to Murfreesboro TN. :)

glenn 12 said:
Good food and conversation, great to meet everyone. it was about 315 miles round trip. When I turned the key on my bike (z900rs), the temp display said "ICE". It was 30f at 8am and 52f when I pulled into Deck and Docks. It stayed in the 50s all the way back to Murfreesboro TN. :)

It was getting close to sundown when I got back so I had the gear on low 50's.  :great:

Thanks Tom for setting up the Decks & Docks RTE, it was a good location & good food. It was a cool start for me at 30 degs. It was good to see fellow COG members & meet new to me new ones. It was a great ride home. I made a detour to the Cycle Gear store in Hoover on the way home. About 340 miles for the trip. I am looking forward to the next one.