• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Delkevic DL10 for C10 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdbru

I put a set of DL10s on my 2006 C10 about 3 or 4 years ago. at the time they were about the only aftermarket support i could find. i was looking to take as much weight off the C10 as i could in places that made sense and a lighter exhaust system makes sense to me. the mufflers were about 1/2 the weight of the stock ones. all the hardware fit correctly. there was no missing hardware. all the parts were wrapped/bagged/cushioned so no shipping damage or scratches. the non muffler hardware/pipes were all made of stainless steel. of course the mufflers themselves have that carbon fiber outer shell. i liked the looks of the DL10 outlets. the finished install did not interfere with the sidecases in any way. even with the db killers left in place the bike is louder than stock. wrt the sound level there are + and - with being louder than stock. you'll need to decide that for yourself. if you're wanting to reduce the weight of the stock C10, these will help, and you should have no issues with the kit based upon how it went for me if you are installing it yourself.
-tdbru

Thanks for this info. Do you have any pictures you can post of your C10 with the DL10s installed?

geez... let me look.... been awhile. on the Delkevic web site they have a photo of the DL10s on a C10.
-tdbru

here's what i took right after installation.

Attachments

• Delkevic_lhs_bag.jpg
    Delkevic_lhs_bag.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 156
  • Delkevic_lhs_nobag.jpg
    Delkevic_lhs_nobag.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Delkevic_rhs_bag.jpg
    Delkevic_rhs_bag.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Delkevic_rhs_nobag.jpg
    Delkevic_rhs_nobag.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 163
I liked that they were 1/2 the weight of the stock setup. and they look pretty nice too, but aesthetics vary from one person to the next. i liked the slash cut outputs. would have gone with the slash cut 8" ones, but they were reported to be quite LOUD. These are still louder than stock, but not Harley loud.
-tdbru

thx bowtie39, and you noticed. looking so forward to riding again, soon as the weather improves.
-tdbru

Status
Not open for further replies.