• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Delkevick, which one?

fisher

2008 with Steve’s MRP flash.I think it’s time for a slip on muffler. It seems like everyone likes the Delk. Is there much difference besides looks between the different sizes and is there any better alternative then Delk? I would like a little more growl but not loud noise after all I’m approaching my 70’s!

I'm looking at a Black Widow slip on. Prices are not too bad either.

There is a recent thread on his forum that got me to looking into Black Widow. I like what I see.

Same 08 year model and SiSF ECU upgrade, here's the Delk I have installed on mine. Not annoyingly loud, just right Goldilocks sound with enough oomph on the curves and straights....And no heat side effects on the bag.

IMG_5158.jpg

Thanks for the pic can see what it looks like! That looks like the 17 inch tri oval ? I did see that black widow post also.

I have the 18" stainless round. It has a nice sound but not too loud. It saves a lot of weight! I also have the DB killer but have not installed it. If it's too loud you can always install one. My bike is the 2008 beside the Beemer. You can zoom in and see the muffler.

Attachments

• 2019 BC 1.jpg
    2019 BC 1.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Thanks it helps to see them on the same bike. It seems like everyone goes with the Delk.

DB killer is a HP killer. I have dyno'ed a net 10 hp LOSS from stock on a fellow Cogger's bike.

If you want mellow, stay with the longest muffler you can get. Those little 9" mufflers will bust your eardrums.

Steve

Thanks for answering Steve. So your recommendation is to stay stock right? Rather have performance then sound, I’ve accepted the look of the stock muffler.

Thanks for answering Steve. So your recommendation is to stay stock right? Rather have performance then sound, I’ve accepted the look of the stock muffler.
no, that's not what I wrote. The conversation was about the delkevic mufflers. My response was about delkevic mufflers.

Don't over-think it...just get a 17 inch Delk. Tri-oval and with carbon-fiber can if you're you want a little pizzazz....

Go with the 17 or 18 inch Delkevic carbon fiber. And if you still want it a little quieter drill the nose of the baffle out (1/2" to 3/4") and install the baffle.

Attachments

• 63120198113.jpg
    63120198113.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 105
I have seen the Black Widow and how well built they are. I also used to have Delkavics on my other bike. Seems to me this is a no brainer... Buy a high quality well build Black Widow that comes with a 2 year warranty OR a not so well built Delkavic for more money than the BW and no warranty. Your choice.

Thanks everyone. I checked out the Black Widows. And their less money then the Delks even with the shipping charge from Europe. Several people have recommended them. So I think that’s the way I’m going! Thank you everyone for the input.

I have no experience with the Black Widow product but can second what Ted said above. I have the AreaP full exhaust system; based on my dealings with them and quality of the product I have - I can say their products are outstanding, service is exceptional: personal / direct, performance and sound is very nice.

Noting what you stated about throatiness and what you would like to hear - I see on the AreaP site the slip-on at idle is about 7 decibels louder than stock and roughly the same decibels as stock at 5,000 RPM. 7 decibels doesn’t ‘sound’ - :) much but it is a significant increase. Better sound, get some performance.

Looking at the Black Widow product overview, the materials used and price would be hard to pass up. They don’t show decibel measurements but everyone here says it’s a good sound..

Good Luck,
Wayne

Not sure if you checked but Delkevic is a COG industry vendor and wouldn't be if there were no warranty/guarantee no matter how long/short it is. Its probably too late anyways but just throwing it out there for others reading later. I forgot what the discount is so hopefully someone can pipe in with that.

Cheers!
Robert

Last edited:
Both 09's have the 14" The '15 has a new one as of this fall. All good with Delkevics here.

Attachments

• CandyI,II The Hulk2.jpg
    CandyI,II The Hulk2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 135
Thank you everyone! I have an order filled out for the BW but not submitted. The fact Delk is a supporter means something. I’ll need to check on that. What a great response from a good group!👍

I see I just reread it I got it now. Any suggestions other then Delk!
I have an Area P slip-on, on my '13 Concours w/ SISF's Mtn. Runner Premium flash. Works well for me and not too loud either. I think Steve used this slip-on in some of his flash tests, if I recall correctly.

A lot of good advise here from several.

Fisher
Not sure if you ordered your slip-on yet but i have a new in box stubby -14 in carbon fiber I'll sell you. Never even opened the box. $200.00. They Accidentally sent me two. When I called them and told them what happened they said to just keep them both.

I have a 14" carbon slip on with the wide mouth no baffle sounds grate not to loud. I had to get a longer stainless strap ,to adjust the can a
little farther from the side case 2.50 from hardware store .I strongly suggest a heatshield for the pipe just behind the foot peg. its a single wall pipe and it dose get hot!!!!!!!

Black widow is on the way. Delkevic does not offer discounts to cog members. Thank You everyone for a great response.

I won’t start up the bike now until mid April. She’s hibernating until spring. When I can run it I’ll let you know. Thanks again to all the responses. If your not a member of this group you should be! It’s money well spent!

Yes sir right on the NH border! Once I winterize the bike I won’t start it until mid April. I will not be at the national. I do hope to attend some local events tho.