• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Devil's Cut 2019

Charby

Friday and Saturday September 20th and 21st. Meet and Greet.
Springerville, AZ. Meet on Friday in Springerville then ride the Devil's Highway on Saturday. 40-50 miles of turns with little traffic. Saturday night eat pizza, your favorite beverages and stories. There will be plenty of stories!
Reserve your rooms now. Can cancel you reservation 24hrs before with no penalty.
Reed's Lodge 928-333-5406. Economy rooms start at $60.55 per night includes tax. Deluxe rooms $93.88
More info to follow.

Awesome Dan! I will be there along with other crazy riders from California! Looking forward to it!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Just heard about this and I’m looking forward to it. It’ll be close to a Saddle Sore ride. 850 miles from Dallas/ FtW Friday, “conservative hooliganism” Saturday and then 850 back Sunday. Anyone from DFW want to go? I’ll be starting the high speed burn to Az. at 5:30am Friday. Whoo-Hoo!

And for those coming in from the left coast looks like we'll be meeting in Prescott again on Thursday and riding to Springerville on Friday.
Where ever your coming from post it on and hopefully you can meet up with others and ride in together.
Last year we had six states represented.

I’m there. A repeat of last year can’t be missed. That’s a great ride. I’ll bring the ice man.

Charby said:
And for those coming in from the left coast looks like we'll be meeting in Prescott again on Thursday and riding to Springerville on Friday.
Where ever your coming from post it on and hopefully you can meet up with others and ride in together.
Last year we had six states represented.

Name the spot in Prescott so I can call and get a room.

Got me a room in Springerville for Devil's Cut 2019.

2018 was awesome. Don't miss this Southwesters (and other regions too).

Be riding in from central Cali - Thinking maybe start on Wednesday going over a pass in the Sierras (108 or 120) then down (cause I DON'T want to see Barstow and Needles again - 7 times each last year) - Then Thursday to Pressie - Friday with the gang to Springerville

I'm gonna look at the place some of us stayed last time in Prescott. Easy staggering distance to eats. Cool rooms. May have to tryout the tandem bike this time (is Barbenal going?). Convince me different. I'm easy. If I remember they did have a hidden cabin that sleeps 6 to 8 if'n such a group of cats can be herded.

Does anybody have a link to the cog registration for this ride? I booked my room today. I’m so excited already. I’m sure I’ll get over it at mile 700 on the way back. 😂

A link to lodging in Prescott. I have not contacted them yet for a discount so stand by. We are a repeat so I would expect generosity. I think we were pretty well mannered but the memory is a bit fuzzy. Had something to do with vodka shot's. http://themotorlodge.com/

Old Man on a Connie said:
A link to lodging in Prescott. I have not contacted them yet for a discount so stand by. We are a repeat so I would expect generosity. I think we were pretty well mannered but the memory is a bit fuzzy. Had something to do with vodka shot's. http://themotorlodge.com/
They liked us - they gave us cookies

Nottacop said:
Does anybody have a link to the cog registration for this ride? I booked my room today. I’m so excited already. I’m sure I’ll get over it at mile 700 on the way back. 😂

It's a Meet and Greet so no registration. On Saturday night we'll most likely all pitch in and get pizza, beverages and sit around telling stories.

And as always the Garagio is open for Bidness for those passing through Vegas. Pool, open bar, air mattresses available. Pole dancing cost's extra  :)

And as always the Garagio is open for Bidness for those passing through Vegas. Pool, open bar, air mattresses available. Pole dancing cost's extra  :)

I already live in Vegas, but might take you up on the pole dancing.

The Doctor said:

I already live in Vegas, but might take you up on the pole dancing.
Bring eye bleach. Exploding g strings have been known to happen.  :))

Charby said:
Nottacop said:

It's a Meet and Greet so no registration. On Saturday night we'll most likely all pitch in and get pizza, beverages and sit around telling stories.
Hopefully the SWAD can take care of the pizza and possibly beverage costs!  :)

Made my reservation the moment it was posted. Man, this is the best ride in the US and my buddy Andre is coming from Ft. Worth. 

Looking forward to seeing ya'll

Ted

redline said:
Made my reservation the moment it was posted. Man, this is the best ride in the US and my buddy Andre is coming from Ft. Worth. 

Looking forward to seeing ya'll

Tedd

Good! Glad you're going to make it again.

Reg is not req'd but the more that reg gives Charby some bragging rights and also helps to plan so if you can please do. It also gives Russ some bragging rights when reporting in the Concourier. Helps to pump the SW area. When folks on the fence see 50 reg they think they are missing something (because they are). As well as forum and FB posts. Helps drive participation (which we all know is the main driver of getting out and meeting folks right?) Gonna be a hoot as always. C U there.

Update. For those that will be meeting in Prescott on Thursday night Sept 19th here is the hotel info. Tell them you are part of the Concours Owners Group to get the discount. Rooms are the newer remodeled ones.
King bed $84
2 queens $88
Free breakfast so that's the price of admission for a few of you.  ;D
Days Inn 1290 White Spar Rd Prescott, AZ 86303. 928-778-5770. I have 5 rooms of each blocked till Sept 5th.
We do have a few wives and girlfriends going to the rally so if that was your excuse make your reservations now.

Thank you Dan!! I will be making my reservations tomorrow or Friday! Pam is still coming and on her Vulcan! 

Made reservations for Pam and I on Thursday night and on Sunday night.
Going to be a fun time for all!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Counterweight is committed. Making res this weekend. Great Job Dan!  :great: :beerchug:

Reservations made for my first COG event. WOOHOO!    :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

Talking to Rob (co.kotka) about riding over together. Really looking forward to this.

Leo

Prescott and Springerville res made. Counterweight is confirmed for travel. I got 10 bucks to kick in for pizza and a fiver for donuts. BYOB "All I need are some hot chicks and tastee roads" Jeff Spicoli.

I think Southwest COG can spring for the Donuts and Pizza! That's the least we can do!! See you all there! Riders,If you can please go on the Forum and sign up for this on the Calendar! Great job Dan putting this together! Pam and I are coming on our bikes! See you all there!

Rusty said:
I think Southwest COG can spring for the Donuts and Pizza! That's the least we can do!! See you all there! Riders,If you can please go on the Forum and sign up for this on the Calendar! Great job Dan putting this together! Pam and I are coming on our bikes! See you all there!

It's good to be the King  ;) :beerchug:

I'm in.  Only question is:  where we gonna eat in Preskitt?  Days Inn is so far from town.  How we gonna :beerchug:?

;D

CaffeineMan said:
I'm in.  Only question is:  where we gonna eat in Preskitt?  Days Inn is so far from town.  How we gonna :beerchug:?

;D
From what I'm told they opened that place across the street as a Mex restaurant.

And it's only the 1st set of curves on the Devil's Hwy
devils-hwy-curve-sign.jpg

You see this sign just out of Morenci AZ, near the huge mine, as your just starting northbound up the Devils Hwy (formally Hwy 666)
https://goo.gl/maps/9XbGhvZQVdSPehsG6

You do 25 miles of curves - about a 1 mile straight - and then the next 25 miles of curves start.

Don't Miss This Ride!

The travel time stamp on the route map looks like the ride is down the mountain to Clifton with a return thru New Mex. Is the ride on 666 going to be up the hill from Clifton instead.

bajasam said:
The travel time stamp on the route map looks like the ride is down the mountain to Clifton with a return thru New Mex. Is the ride on 666 going to be up the hill from Clifton instead.
The map on the COG Information and Registration page
http://www.cog-online.org/ClubPortal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&eventID=257952
is just to give peoples an idea of the overall route and locations. It isn't meant to be 100% accurate  or indicate direction of the loop or times.

Don't know if it's been decided what direction the loop will be this year. (I know it's been discussed though)

(And the pic is just a pic - not indication of anything other than - lots of curves)

from clifton it's uphill from springerville downhill on 191 (666)
i go down and up on saturday , to me that is the most fun,

There will most likely be a few different groups riding that day. There's at least four of us riding two up so possibly we will ride together. There's always the spirited group and those that want to ride a little more leisurely. Friday night we can all get together and see who wants to ride with who. Probably gonna be 40+ of us there so I'm sure there will be plenty of options. I'll post more info in the next few days on what's going on.

The Mexican place across from the motel in Prescott is really good. And as far as wives go I suspect most will ask to ride with me at some point but I’ve already decided to tell them no just to keep the peace. 😂 MEX place also has a full bar so no need to travel.. This one is going to be a riot again although I guess it will be at a far slower pace.

Cali Cruiser said:
The Mexican place across from the motel in Prescott is really good. And as far as wives go I suspect most will ask to ride with me at some point but I’ve already decided to tell them no just to keep the peace. 😂 MEX place also has a full bar so no need to travel.. This one is going to be a riot again although I guess it will be at a far slower pace.
I already explained your saddle to the counterweight. She tapped out. Sand bags to even the field are allowed. Stacked High and wide. I got duct tape.

Sadly this is the weekend I'll be picking the Connie up from getting a boob paint job in Oregon. Don't think I'll be able to make it in time. Haha. Ride well!

Two more weeks! Here's some more info.
Friday - Dinner your choice since everyone is arriving at different times. There's Booga Red's right across the street or other places around town. Looks like there might be close to 50 of us so probably be different groups riding on Saturday. The spirited group, 2up, sightseers. We can discuss Friday night. I'm in room 3, but most likely be in grassy area in middle of motel. Kickstands probably up around 9am. I'll have donuts or you can get breakfast.
Saturday evening get pizza and drinks and sit around telling stories. That's a blast! Reed's does sell Devil's Highway tshirts.  Will ship if they don't have on hand what you want. See ya soon.
Dan 520-490-3608

Do be careful of elk in the evening. Plenty of them in the area. These have been spotted in the area. Troy Archer has done some research and this is the rare Mountain Berry Pie Elk. Looks are deceiving, this animal is very fast. Spot one and it'll be gone in a 'flash'!

Attachments

• received_358128505142661.jpeg
    received_358128505142661.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 121
Bike is prepped and I’m ready to battle at the Isle Of Springerville. Charby is buying dinner for the winner!

More like 93 miles of great road with almost no traffic. I first rode it from Alpine to the Morenci mine last year, and enjoyed it so much that I went back and rode it the other way last month. Running north keeps the sun out of your eyes for the most part. Maybe not on those 10 mph switchbacks where you can almost see your own taillights. A great ride, one of my favorite!

They'll be much increased traffic as its the start of elk season, be plenty of hunters out cruising on quads,4x4's,sidexsides,etc, pulling out on roadway from trails an twotracks. stay alert.

Good Morning All! Today is the day we are starting our journey to the Devil's Cut!! First stop Prescott, AZ.!! Safe travels to all!!

Met Rob (co.kotka) In Monument this morning and we're in Durango. Better than half way to my first COG get-together. Woohoo!  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Leo

Great Group, Great time................Again. Awesome job Charby!  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

I made it home safe and sound in 12 hours. Thank y’all so very much for being such a great group. The south west concourse owners group members are fantastic. I had a great time even though it was 34° leaving this morning with our energy provider (Sunrise) beaming right at me and arriving home to hot balmy weather. LOL
See you next time... Shinny side up folks!

Nottacop said:
I made it home safe and sound in 12 hours. Thank y’all so very much for being such a great group. The south west concourse owners group members are fantastic. I had a great time even though it was 34° leaving this morning with our energy provider (Sunrise) beaming right at me and arriving home to hot balmy weather. LOL
See you next time... Shinny side up folks!

Award for furthest traveled and thanks for making it seven states represented. :great:

Attila,Jack,Pam, and I made it home in a little more than 11 hours!  Fantastic time and a very good turn out! Seven states represented! That's awesome!!  Thank you again Dan for a super job of organizing and keeping up on the communication of the event! Love those roads!! Great to see the ladies too! Let's do it again next year!  :)

Rusty said:
Attila,Jack,Pam, and I made it home in a little more than 11 hours!  Fantastic time and a very good turn out! Seven states represented! That's awesome!!  Thank you again Dan for a super job of organizing and keeping up on the communication of the event! Love those roads!! Great to see the ladies too! Let's do it again next year!  :)

All the ladies coming out was a bonus ticket. I know the counterweight had a great time breaking off from the sausage fest and cackling with the other ladies.

Back in S Denver. I had a great time. It was nice to finally meet some of the people behind the names here. Thanks to Dan and those who helped him. Plan on coming back next year!

That was the best ride that I've ever done... and the best riding that I've ever done... because I got to follow the fast group! What a great learning session! Thanks, all!

'Got some wear on the chicken strips, hauled ass, and was the last to leave with another rider from the Prescott area.

Epic riding!

Attachments

• My2012.jpg
    My2012.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 133
  • HaulinAss.jpg
    HaulinAss.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 129
  • LastOneOut.jpg
    LastOneOut.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 128
  • ChickenStrips.jpg
    ChickenStrips.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 132
Great job Dan!  A great ride.  It was fun meeting and riding with the Colorado contingent as well as the other new people and of course the usual suspects!

“Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Troy, Dr. Howard”

https://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/stooges.jpg

nice job on getting rid off the chicken strips.  i am probably good for another 1000 miles on my rear if i only drive straight up, no turns.
had nothing left on the sides. I only had 4000 miles on those angels.
ordering my road 5 tomorrow.  need some rubber to make it out to big bend on the 18th next moth.
anybody want to join me?

Just a follow up.
We went camping at city of rocks which is close to silver city new mexico,this weekend.
When we went to the visitor center I saw this 2010 connie sitting outside. I went inside and asked the guy who had some riding gloves in his hand if that was his connie.  he said it was and after talking for a while I introduced him to COG and gave him some info.
He had just done a run down hwy 191, and ran into a deer coming around a turn there. there still was some deer hair on the fairing. headlights were messed up and the fender was gone. pretty lucky if you ask me. We came across deer in the middle of the road but had time to hit the brakes.
he's from Deming. used to ride zx14 and some other fast bikes but he really is impressed with the connie. he think he said he bought it in 2008.

btw, if anyone is interesting in watching or downloading some video , I took almost the entire ride down and back up, let me know and i send you a shared link to the videos.

Yes I would say he was pretty lucky! Glad you gave him information about COG! I would love to see some video you shot!

This is the link for the video's. anybody else is welcome to use this link to watch or download them

https://computechrr-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/ted_computechrr_net/Ehb0_nUYTW1Dl-u6bWhu0AsBb0bi_cQ6nLwfPbjJzIVaWA?e=d5jCVX

let me know if you have any trouble with this link.

the 3 some GB files are the more interesting ones, one going down and the other back up hwy 191.

Ted