• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Devil's Cut 2022

Charby

It's time for the Devil's Cut 2022. Weekend of Sept 30 - Oct 2. Ride the old 666 Devil's Highway and a few new roads this year with Lakes, lookouts and Elk sightings. Lots of tight turns, sweeping turns and straight aways for all types of riding.
Meet in Springerville Friday evening and plan the ride for Saturday. Saturday evening after the ride, have pizza and share the days stories. Leave Sunday after breakfast and donuts.
Hotel info: Reed's Lodge 514 E. Main Springerville AZ 85938 928-333-4323 Most of the rooms have been remodeled and are around $100 with either AAA, AARP or Military discount. They do have a few rooms that haven't been remodeled yet for less. You can reserve room now and cancel with no charge if plans change.
For those coming in from the west, we can make plans to meet in Prescott on Thursday evening. I'll check with a few coming in that way and make hotel plans.

Last edited:
Awesome!! One of my favorite weekends of the year! See you in Prescott on Thursday! If you have or have not been, I can promise you a very fun weekend of riding and time spent with riders and friends!

Just might make this. I had a great ride on the old 666 a couple of years ago . Need to rework my schedule and Prescott makes it a much better start.

I'm in.... gonna try to hit Prescott, but may have to take have to take the direct flight to Springerville.🤙

I don't see anything on the event calendar yet to register. So I will let everyone know I will be attending solo. I am coming from northern Virginia so the meet up in Prescott won't be on my schedule this time. I went two years ago and had a blast. I should be coming into Springerville around dinner time.

I don't see anything on the event calendar yet to register. So I will let everyone know I will be attending solo. I am coming from northern Virginia so the meet up in Prescott won't be on my schedule this time. I went two years ago and had a blast. I should be coming into Springerville around dinner time.
Awesome Michael! Look forward to meeting you there! You likely will get the award for farthest away! :) Safe travels!

Booked my room at Reed's Lodge! Are we staying at the Day's Inn in Prescott Thursday? Troy on an advance Scouting trip says the good Mexican restaurant across the street from the motel is now closed.. Bummer :(

I've reserved my room at Reeds also. I'm willing to do Prescott thursday evening unless there is an alternative someone's coming from the west proposes. The way back could use a layover also.

Won’t be able to make the group ride Saturday, but my wife and I will be riding out to Springerville on Saturday and staying the night at Reeds just to get away for a bit. Looking forward to hearing some good stories from the day!

Well, I'm excited. I've lurked on this site for over a decade and finally became a member. Now it's time to do an event so signed up for this ride. Very excited to meet everyone. My wife will be riding her GSXR600. I'll be on my 2009 Connie. Can't wait!

We'll come up on Thursday to Prescott but we'll be staying at my sister-in-laws. Keep me posted where everyone will be meeting there and we'll show up.

Mark

Here's the info for the hotel for Thursday night in Prescott. Days Inn 928-460-5929. I couldn't get a group rate but they take AAA, AARP, Military, etc. If you don't have any of those, they said you could use mine when checking in. About $90 for the night. I plan on going to Colt's BBQ near the Prescott Town Square probably around 5:30 - 6pm. Great BBQ

Well, I'm excited. I've lurked on this site for over a decade and finally became a member. Now it's time to do an event so signed up for this ride. Very excited to meet everyone. My wife will be riding her GSXR600. I'll be on my 2009 Connie. Can't wait!

We'll come up on Thursday to Prescott but we'll be staying at my sister-in-laws. Keep me posted where everyone will be meeting there and we'll show up.

Mark
Glad you're going to make it. It's always a great time. You can come over to the hotel before dinner or shoot me a text and i'll let you know when we're heading over. 520-490-3608.

Hit the road today for Devils Cut. 6 miles of two lane hwy lane splitting literally parked cars and rigs (so many were parked into center line to "see") - so a nice game of dodge'em. Got to the front, and couldn't pass the rig on fire (told I couldn't) - nice CHP man told me to ride a 1/4 mile back on the shoulder to a paved turn off. Ride the 1/4 mile of dirt road to get to a paved parallel road leading in to, wait for it... Barstow! And here I am. It's already an adventure, woohoo. See some of you in Prescott tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20220928_180533.jpg
    IMG_20220928_180533.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20220928_180749.jpg
    IMG_20220928_180749.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 82
How did the ride go?
Was there a good turn-out/number there/weather/other items of interest?

Ride safe, Ted
Ted, we had around 20 there. Weather and ride were great. We had a couple of incidents but everyone is fine. Higher elavations the leaves were turning but the temp was in the 50s and in the 80s and low 90s in the lower elevations. The Morenci Copper mine is always a sight to see, 80 square miles in size and the largest copper mine in North America. Posted pictures on the COG Facebook page.

I am signed up, booked a room and excited to be going!! Hopefully see some new riders along with the great group of riders we have had in the past! Let's have a big turnout for this rally too! :D (y)

Last edited: