• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

devils triangle/foothills parkway 12-11/,12-12

maverick9611

“tryin not to get old”
rode 430 miles yesterday. us129 all the way to 72/US129 junction. perfect weather too, mid 60's. dragon was awesome as usual. the connie has way to much power/weight, but does good. i prefer a thumper. foothills parkway and the new section were fantastic. almost like a mini cherohala skyway. 80 mph sweepers no problem. rain forcast not good but we ridin to oakridge and take on the triangle and a loop south of it. stay tuned...

i met a cog member at the amish chair. he was on a 08 with red pin striping

Last edited:
the final update/900 miles later
well the ride is over. got in late last night. rode 900 miles fri/sat.
the devils triangle is the real deal. very technical and deep,deep drop offs. as usual in the rain again! loop might be only 44 miles but ya better have you witts about ya or your done. lots of ravines with no guardrails either. brushy mountain penitentiary tours was closed for covid reasons. we rode a loop south of oak ridge called the bootlegger. we did 75% and headed back to knoxville.(no twistes) it was bout 3 in the afternoon and karl fjr suggested foothills again and head over the mountains on 441 to cherokee. i said lets go. still raining but we saw a break and headed up the mountain. we started to see lots of snow on the ground and condition went from bad to much worse. they had laid pea gravel down on the road and it had built up to a line of gravel in the lane by the cars. if you crossed the gravel your tires instantly protested. plus rain was harder. at newfound gap(the top)total fog white out. visibility was awful. i ran the connie a gear higher and plowed on wanting to get the hell of that mountain asap. conditions improved and fog dissipated but rain hung on. was saw a herd of elk as we left smoky mountains national park. karl and i split north of corneila. i took 17 home, he stayed on 23 to i985. all in all and great ride. trip from knox to augusta bout 6 hours. the concours did it in style as usual. another ride in the books.

the thrillseekers

smokies. the view is great as usual.