• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

DFW RTE East Texas Curving Grounds CANCELLED

kv5e

South Central Area Director - COG 5063
Staff member
The rain chances tomorrow for a RTE are too high after the afternoon forecast update from NWS.

I prefer to ride on drier pavement for a RTE so we will reschedule this ride.

Craig

Ride on track with dry weather and mid 90s later afternoon. Morning should be fine to early afternoon.

Next month a ride up to Muenster is in order I think.!!!! ;D :motonoises:  Illinois Bend Bridge!!!!!

Craig

That sounds good, too. That's a nice ride. My daughter and I ate at Doc's in Muenster a while back. Very nice place. Good Rueben and incredibly amazing carrot cake.

copdocpvd said:
still good to go?  Weather looks a little sketchy
Never fear, Craig is here! Hey, he's the weatherman, you know. If you didn't know, now you do. Craig will steer us around any of the wet stuff, but bring your rain gear just in case we get a little bit of it.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Well ok then.  I was in rain or not anyway.

If I am going to ride on a day ride, I want to have a bit of fun. Wet country chip n seal roads are a lot more fun dry and a little cooler would be better as well.

I hate to get out and tip toe when we can pick a dry day and roar.

Craig

I was about to sign up at the last minute but checked here first.
Looks like a good call.  I don't really enjoy riding in the rain, especially on a bike that I haven't fully learned.
Looking forward to the reschedule.

LuckyC14 said:
I was about to sign up at the last minute but checked here first.
Looks like a good call.  I don't really enjoy riding in the rain, especially on a bike that I haven't fully learned.
Looking forward to the reschedule.

Forecast has been upped to 40% tapering off later in the afternoon. If we are going to enjoy some curves, then I prefer full traction coefficient on a day ride! ;D

Well who da thunk it?  Good weather and good crooked East Texas roads.  A good start to the weekend.  And who said shafties can't wheelie.  Lie.  Lie.  Lie.  Wo Hoo
:)

How about a reschedule to ???????????

Should be cooler later in the fall.  :motonoises:

Craig

I'm a maybe on that weekend.  The next weekend is the Arkansas ride so just not sure yet.

Bigfoot_16 said:
That won't work for me, Craig. I've got other plans that weekend.

10th of OCT won't work for me either now, Jim.

May have to look after the AR ride now as other priorities are taking my time.

Craig