• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

DFW Saturday?

musicman

Tricycle
Hi all!

I'm free on Saturday and plan to be exploring on the bike. I'd love to meet up with some follow Concours owners and not keep riding alone... I know a lot of Texans consider the low 60's to be chilly, but where I come from we call low 60's summer! Let me know if you are interested in meeting up to ride, I don't care where we go or what time. Hope to see some of you this weekend!

I'm up in Sanger, just north of Denton. Anywhere north or west of the metro is great for me... But I don't mind riding anywhere! You?

Good riding with you briefly today SJ. Sorry we got the late start, and maybe next time we can get out earlier. DFL, good to meet you and sorry obligations had you going elsewhere. We headed out northwest, and the looped back around and ended up in Springtown. Saw another C14 (and maybe a 2nd, I couldn't tell) on 199 east of Springtown. Was that anyone on this board. I didn't recognize, but waived.

As we get into Spring there are going to be a lot more opps to ride, and SJ suggested we post as many as possible on the board. If you can go, great. If not, with enough opportunities, maybe you get to participate on the next one. Butch, would it be possible to have this as a sticky on the South Central forum?

See y'all next time!

Just my opinion... new threads for new rides work better than sticky posts, because the new thread title tells you that you should look at it.  Just an opinion.

Bike was getting new tyres (PR3 190/55 on rear) on Saturday but took it out Sunday over to Edom on the best twisties between there and Mesquite and scuffed up the tyres.

I'm thinking Pamela and I could come over your way once, and then you all come come over to the east side.

The Shed has great pie in Edom and FM roads are pretty good once you get past Terrell.

Maybe a ride up to Muenster or FM 4 on the west side?

Craig

Sorry I got tied up with honey-dos and birthday and didn't get out. Swapping east and west sounds like a great idea. Craig is right the Shed is a good place on this side. It has also been suggested that we have a sort of planning meeting RTE in the mid cities area so it is kind of neutral. Thoughts?

How about Big Bend on the 22nd through the 25th? :dance:

Craig

Hmmmmmmm... That's tempting. That's during my spring break and I don't have much planned yet. Though I don't know if my wallet could handle a trip like that...

I live in Azle and get up around Sanger quite a bit. FM455 is a favorite. It may have been me in Springtown, I was in that area. I up for a ride most any weekend, sorry I missed the thread in time.

I'm down in Arlington and ride mostly south and west.  Maybe you guys could show me a good place to ride up north? 

Have been thinking about an overnighter to the Arbuckles.