• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Diamond ring appraised at $9450 offered to moto brethren for $3300

wayne-o

Seeing size of photos. I will add text shortly.

Attachments

• 20170919_190012.jpg
    20170919_190012.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 20170919_190012.jpg
    20170919_190012.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 164
Silly how jewelry appraises at double value. By the little reading I've done  I get the idea $3300 is an immediate liquidation/industry  price. I just strung those last 4 words together  as if it's a thing. I don't need the ring or the cash and Craigslist is a helluva experience. I have a detailed laminated  appraisal that cost me $150 , if I recall correctly,  included.

The main diamond is 1.7 cts. The 24 baguette cut total .35cts. I posted duplicate photos of same appraisal page. The other photo will follow. Like I said " it's just sitting in a drawer ".

Did not post photo on 1st try so... basically  seems to be near the top in the various  grading parameters.

Sorry to see you got stuck with this.Not only is the apprasial double, but retail mark-up is like 4-500% for low grade jewelry stones.But don't feel bad we all make this mistake once in our life.Now days with the internet though its much easier to educate your self about pricing.Basicly all jewelry stones are low quality rif-raf. A quality 2 carat investment grade stone that can actually appreciate in value starts in the 30-40 thousand dollar range and goes up to 100K for a very high quality piece.I know I wish I had the internet 50 years ago,would a saved me some cash for sure.Maybe you'll find an innocent soul with a hot girlfreind and you can sell it to him for a grand or two. good luck.