• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Did you know?

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
    Everyone knows that my Flashes are smooth and economical. But what I think a lot of folks don't know is that my Mountain Runner Premium and Hammer flashes are the strongest flashes offered by any tuner for a stock exhaust and slip on muffler.  I'm attaching a dyno chart of my bike with stock tune and a slip on as compared to my bike with the same exhaust and my Hammer flash.

I am also the only tuner to give you a choice between retaining smooth engine braking, or doing away with additional engine braking.

There's more on my website, https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Steve

Attachments

• MRPHammervs stock so.png
    MRPHammervs stock so.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 293
Rob said:
MAN OF BLUES said:
on the ground.. on the Dynajet Dyno... rear wheel...

Not the front wheel?  :rotflmao:

:beerchug:

:nananana: :rotflmao:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :great: :great: :great: :great:

I like engine braking
Just saying
Merry Christmas
-14f this morning here in Telluride, Co
No riding this week...

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
    Everyone knows that my Flashes are smooth and economical...

Yep, in the mid-range it's about like cranking up the rheostat on an diesel-electric locomotive… (mine is the MR, non-premium, but plenty thrilling enough for me…)

Is this power level real? is it repeatable? How about 6 runs over 2 different days. You decide.

Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-18 CONCOURS 14 ECU Flash - Shoodaben Engineering.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-18 CONCOURS 14 ECU Flash - Shoodaben Engineering.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 197
Hi Steve, I'm going to be upgrading my Decel Flash to either the MR or MRP once your European Distributor gets up and running.
I'd prefer the MRP, but while you mention that the MRP requires 91+ Octane on your website, you don't specify the units.
Is this Pump Octane Number (RON+MON/2) or something else?

Over here we use RON only so 91PON = 95RON which is "Premium" gas in Europe and normally is the lowest Octane available.
European Super gas is 97 to 99RON (93PON).
I normally run 95RON in all my vehicles so was hoping that the MRP can use 95RON as here 97-99RON is normally US$0.5 more per gallon.
At the moment our 95RON and 97-99RON is 5% Ethanol, but both will be moving to 10% Ethanol over the next few years.

Cheers,
Boomer

Boomer said:
Hi Steve, I'm going to be upgrading my Decel Flash to either the MR or MRP once your European Distributor gets up and running.
I'd prefer the MRP, but while you mention that the MRP requires 91+ Octane on your website, you don't specify the units.
Is this Pump Octane Number (RON+MON/2) or something else?

Over here we use RON only so 91PON = 95RON which is "Premium" gas in Europe and normally is the lowest Octane available.
European Super gas is 97 to 99RON (93PON).
I normally run 95RON in all my vehicles so was hoping that the MRP can use 95RON as here 97-99RON is normally US$0.5 more per gallon.
At the moment our 95RON and 97-99RON is 5% Ethanol, but both will be moving to 10% Ethanol over the next few years.

Cheers,
Boomer

Boomer, I'm recovering from the flu and have vertigo. I can't walk straight and can't do math yet. Everything I post is in the proper units of measurement...AMERICAN. If yer not 'merican, you'll have to do yer own math.

BTW 'merican is R+M/2

;)

Steve

Wow... next thing you know, Boomer will be requesting that the charts be plotted using Stone-Furlongs/fortnight!  sheesh...

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Boomer, I'm recovering from the flu and have vertigo. I can't walk straight and can't do math yet. Everything I post is in the proper units of measurement...AMERICAN. If yer not 'merican, you'll have to do yer own math.

BTW 'merican is R+M/2

;)

Steve
Sorry Steve. I thought you were over it already. Hope it improves soon. Been there and it sux massively.
In that case I will assume that our 95RON is good for the MRP and get it done as soon as he is up and running.

As for wanting stuff in obscure measurement systems, it's not my fault that y'all adopted the stupid British system and then f***ed it up even more. :rotflmao:
We decided it was a crap system a while back,.... and then stopped switching to Metric about halfway through.  :-[
And it you want to use truly silly measurement systems then it's FFF (Ferkin-Furlong-Fortnight).  :rotflmao:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFF_system

I wonder how many truly appreciate the educational aspects of the COG forum... :campfire:

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
area p slip on. Stock air filter. No tricks, just hard work.

Steve

Yup! I have just this setup; Steve's MRP flash w/ an Area P slip-on and enjoying the bike ALL the more!

I know this is an old post, but I just came across it and decided to ask;
Did you ever do a run with the MRP flash, and Area P or Black Widow headers?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: