• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Diffs 2016 vs 2018

sgnden8949

First post here. I’m looking for my first C14. I currently have a 2020 BMW R1250GSA so I want something in addition that’s different than the Adv bike. I’ll be riding 75% solo but want it to be nice and accommodating for 2-up. Versatility is nice if just want to cruise or if I want to get more aggressive in canyons etc.

So, are there any differences between 2016 and 2018? I can buy a practically new 2016 with 6K miles on it with a nice Corbin seat but otherwise stock or a 2018 with 10K miles completely stock for the same price. Wondering if there’s anything in particular different between them.

Of all the bikes I’ve owned in 30 years, I’ve never had a Kawasaki. This C14 has me intrigued.

thanks!

No difference, buy the 18, You’re probably goin to hate to Corbin seat any way.
Thanks for the reply. I also notice that new 2021’s seem to priced very reasonably…I’ve seen a few in the mid $15K range and the 2018 and 2016 are $12K….so…for $3K more…Did 2021 bring anything to justify spending for new?

Last edited:
Just picked up a 2018. I have not logged many miles yet as my 13 is still going strong with 81K on it. 3rd Connie. If I were you I would pick up the 18 and extend the warranty out as far as I could. Best 339 buck I spend every 3 years. Have not had to use it yet but the peace of mind is worth it. Hopefully the 18 still has warranty left on it. 10K is barely broken in. Enjoy....these seem to be pretty bullet proof. I have 175K + between my first 2

Not a fan of the Corbin. If approximately the same price, I would go with the 21. Only real difference between the three is the year number and mileage. If you want to save a little, see if you can ride both and decide. Owners might be a bit nervous though. That said in my mind it would be a no brainer to get the 21. I would get to break it in and get an extended warranty found on this forum. (cheaper by ALOT) Plus you will know what has been or not been done with a new bike.

Thanks for the reply. I also notice that new 2021’s seem to priced very reasonably…I’ve seen a few in the mid $15K range and the 2018 and 2016 are $12K….so…for $3K more…Did 2021 bring anything to justify spending for new?
There is no difference in a 2016 or a 2018 other than the color. Are you seeing a 2016 brand new for 12 K or is it used ?Because I have a 2016 with less than 15,000 miles on it and probably about $3500 worth of extras on it I would sell for 11 grand right now

There is no difference in a 2016 or a 2018 other than the color. Are you seeing a 2016 brand new for 12 K or is it used ?Because I have a 2016 with less than 15,000 miles on it and probably about $3500 worth of extras on it I would sell for 11 grand right now
The 2016 has 6K miles. The 2018 has 10K miles. I'll send you a PM.

Not a fan of the Corbin.
Trick as a brick.

I have a Dual Tour on one of my Valkyries, and my only gripe with the thing is that it's a little lower in height than my numerous other saddles for that bike (only type I haven't ridden at length is a Russell Day Long).

My '12 C14 is going to get a solo Corbin as part of a conversion project and I may end up doing to it what I occasionally do with the Valky's saddle. That is, throw a gel pad or Air Hawk atop it.