• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dinner At The First Summer Rally In Stevenson

What should we do for dinner Saturday night in Stevenson

• Fire up Darrell's grill

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Find a restaurant with enough empty seats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
This coming weekend (July 13th-15th) is the First Summer Rally in Stevenson.  You're coming, right?  Only three are registered so far, but hopefully COGers are being their usual selves and procrastinating, sometimes right up to 3 hours after dinner before deciding to go.
  So, the reason for this poll is to decide whether to eat at a restaurant in town or to fire up Darrell's grill and cook normal grill stuff as well as heat up something smoked in my brand new, never been used smoker.  I am also brand new, never having smoked a piece of meat, so the results are going to be a total crap shoot.  If it turns out too bad, I'll bring something fresh to cook.
  The restaurant will charge a price for a meal, and I think it's only fair to charge something per person to help cover the costs of the back yard grilling session, so either way it will cost something to eat, but I bet the back yard thing will be cheaper and tastier. :103:

What say ye?  Vote and let me know.

I'd be happy to handle the grill, Darrell shouldn't have to work at his own party.

Plus if we grill at his place we can drink to excess without concern on getting back to the farm.

I like the idea of grilling. We are all adventurers and this could be an adventure, especially when we see Charlie trying to learn on his new smoker. Plus we don't have to look respectable like we would if we went to town.

I got an e-mail from Darrell telling me any time Friday is good for showing up at his place.  He said to look for and follow the COG signs in Stevenson as you come into town.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I like the idea of grilling. We are all adventurers and this could be an adventure, especially when we see Charlie trying to learn on his new smoker. Plus we don't have to look respectable like we would if we went to town.

You'll have to come to my house tonight if you want to see that action.  I'll smoke it tonight, and tomorrow I'll pack it in a cooler so we can heat it up Saturday evening.  I'm not making any kind of custom sauce (time constraints won't allow it), so if you have a favorite flavor, please bring it.  Is Glenna coming along, too?

:103: The smoker was lit, the mesquite chips did their thing, and in only three hours the brisket prepared in accordance with a recipe conceived by Emeril Lagassi has reached the magic temperature.  After it rests for a while I'll cut off a little piece and see how it turned out.  Then it will be chilled for longevity and transported to Darrell's. :06:

I hope you guys like spicy.  I'll find some sweet sauce to help mellow it out for those who don't like it.

Hitting the road, taking the long way around (backside of Rainier) GPS says 275 miles and five and a half hours. Expected arrival around 1 pm...

For all those who didn't come, you missed out on some great riding.  We killed it through some great canyons, we rode National Forest roads with amazing views of Mt. Adams, we rode curvy mountain roads longer than the dragon, we saw hardly any traffic, and we ate brisket with potato salad and corn on the cob.  Now that you know some of what you missed if you didn't attend, all I can say is I'm glad I wasn't home to take stuff to the dump.  :)