• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

do not, mess with your bike before leaving for the NATIONAL...

MAN OF BLUES

just gonna say as I have, for like 14 years.. do NOT work on your bike, within a week of the rally, and expect to "fix" all the stuff ya let go.. I have seen this time, and time again, and end up with people calling me.. when I'm 'en route'. about really dumb stuff, that should have been fixed months back/

I just got done, spending a full day, replacing a fuel filter, doing a complete oil change over with filter, from Dino to synthe Castrol , along with a full lube change on final drive, including a flush..And, just plugged in my Flashed ECU, from Bubb// with the Mountain runner Primo...  aaaaaaaaaand have to say once again.. don't rely on your expertise, in maintenance, to make the rally....

now, I have to wonder if my bike will mke the rally...    Meh... of course it will... but I can't promise yours will.

I always said the night before a ride, but you are really extending it out.  ;D  I just changed tires on mine yesterday and will change brake pads this coming Friday.  Uh, do you know how to work on an FJR    :D

MOB,,, don't you put the hex on me!  :38:

I did my maintenance weeks ago but didn't like the new LED bulbs, {new ones got here yesterday} and my re-re-re-Flashed ECU, hasn't arrived yet from Bubba {it's in the mail}.

Ride safe, Ted

Only thing I'm changing on the bike is the Sirius station and the type of coffee in the onboard espresso machine.
Oh...and the quantity of raingear.

millerized said:
Only thing I'm changing on the bike is the Sirius station and the type of coffee in the onboard espresso machine.
Oh...and the quantity of raingear.

just HAD to bring that up...eh?
:mad: >:D >:D >:D :)) :)) :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :great: :motonoises:

I'm bringing my BIG green Kaw umbrella... :-X :-\ :D

Ok, success!
More than a week before departure, the projects are completed.
  ECU received from Bubba, and installed.
  LED Headlights installed.
  Dual USB Port plug installed.
  Saw the Millerized prediction, so I found my BIG Green Kaw umbrella to take with me...

NOTE: If you see 2 guys with BIG Green Kaw umbrella's at the National and wonder who is who?? 
                    It's EZ to know which is me..
                      MOB is the ugly one!  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
        NOTE: If you see 2 guys with BIG Green Kaw[/color] umbrella's it's EZ to know which is me..
                        MOB is the ugly one!  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

:hum:  er, uh... hmmmmm  :confuse:

Another common thing is to think you have 2k left on your tires and only plan on going 1k.  In most every case the tire only lasts 500 miles.  Tires with cord showing corner like crap. :)

smithr1 said:
Another common thing is to think you have 2k left on your tires and only plan on going 1k.  In most every case the tire only lasts 500 miles.  Tires with cord showing corner like crap. :)

Yep, I looked at my tires, measured 2mm to wear bar on rear. Hmmm can I chance possibly 3k miles on that.  Not gonna chance it, changed both tires last Saturday, now I don't have to worry about tread  :great:

I bet Jerry is still not even sure of what he's riding to the National

As for MOB being the ugly one... well let's just say that somebody better bring TWO bags... even though I've yet to meet Rich face-face, I'll take Ted's word because he's trustworthy.

Jorge said:
I bet Jerry is still not even sure of what he's riding to the National

As for MOB being the ugly one... well let's just say that somebody better bring TWO bags... even though I've yet to meet Rich face-face, I'll take Ted's word because he's trustworthy.

LOL, still 10 days away  :D

As for MOB, here is a preview  :rotflmao:

58474183.001_RWTW_2006RWTW2006047.jpg

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :nananana: :great:

yeah, but I'm much more fun to hang out with than Ted....

(Ted wears Velcro tennis shoes...) :nananana:

and you should talk about faces... dude... gonna be calling ya Scary Hairy Jerry... shave that thing off...

Attachments

• hairy jerry.jpg
    hairy jerry.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 101
MAN OF BLUES said:
and you should talk about faces... dude... gonna be calling ya Scary Hairy Jerry... shave that thing off...

:nananana:  :nananana:  :nananana:

Too late, I already sheared myself.  Too damn hot and kept grabbing my beard when I took my helmet off  :mad:  See y'all soon

169481557.kepMulMO.jpg

COGnosticator said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

:nananana:  :nananana:  :nananana:

Too late, I already sheared myself.  Too damn hot and kept grabbing my beard when I took my helmet off  :mad:  See y'all soon

169481557.kepMulMO.jpg

Nice look Jerry...you handsome devil!

Agreed. BTDT. My wife still brings up an old story from a guy I knew 20 years ago that tried to fix a bunch of stuff a week out from a rally, screwed something up (IIRC, it was valve shims & timing chain), didn't make the ride & basically fell off the face of the earth. I still don't know if he ever got his bike running again.

Time to go change that oil. New rear tire mounted yesterday. I might go as far as to update the GPS map. Battery was new in April. Fork oil? Nope, that's pushing my luck for a departure in 5 days.

Made the decision today that I will be on a Yamaha for the rally. I am proud to have gotten my Connie's engine running well, but the brakes have gone all smooshy and I have no intention of trying to get a caliper rebuild done in a week's time. The bike had to sit while my ankle was broken last year and there's all kinds of "sitting up" issues to deal with.
I know my COG buddies are ok that I'll be on an ugly old Yamaha FZ6. At least it's blue.

Put a new front tire on the Tenere last night and noticed the front brakes were getting low........Amazon say's they'll be here Fri, I did think about it and thought, brakes are easy right????????

coffee_brake said:
Made the decision today that I will be on a Yamaha for the rally. I am proud to have gotten my Connie's engine running well, but the brakes have gone all smooshy and I have no intention of trying to get a caliper rebuild done in a week's time. The bike had to sit while my ankle was broken last year and there's all kinds of "sitting up" issues to deal with.
I know my COG buddies are ok that I'll be on an ugly old Yamaha FZ6. At least it's blue.

wise choice my girl, you will be with my trusted pals on the way.. Jerry will watch over ya, till ya get here..  :great: :motonoises:

MAN OF BLUES said:
coffee_brake said:

wise choice my girl, you will be with my trusted pals on the way.. Jerry will watch over ya, till ya get here..  :great: :motonoises:

Jen, Reid and I rode together to the Canaan Valley rally, so she knows what she is getting in to  :)

COGnosticator said:
Jen, Reid and I rode together to the Canaan Valley rally, so she knows what she is getting in to  :)
PM to you RE the SECOG crew headed north. It might help if someone doesn't pay attention to the OP.

millerized said:
COGnosticator said:
PM to you RE the SECOG crew headed north. It might help if someone doesn't pay attention to the OP.

yeah, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.... at least  I had Jen and Jerrie staying in the same "little green house on the hill" with me in Suches..  I'm not bringing my trailer, so I guess the .22-250 zeroed at 2" high at 400 yds, won't be needed.. when you cross the Susquehanna river on the bridge...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

luv ya man, can't wait to camp on the patio with ya, tick-tock-tick-tock.. almost ready to head out...  ;) :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: