• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Does TCW3 really work?

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
I have a Honda pressure washer that I've owned for over 20 years. It hasn't been used in at least 2.5 years. I had 10% ethanol fuel in it with TCW3.

Today I pumped the fuel out of the tank, drained the carb, checked the fuel bowl, which was clean... checked the oil, put in new fuel, and it started on the 3rd pull.

If you'll use TCW3 in your Concours, your carbs will be much less apt to clog and cost you $$$. I have this info with all the carbs I rebuild, but sadly, folks ignore the easy stuff.

Don't do that.

Steve

I'm applying the constant-use methodology currently. šŸ˜ keeps fresh fuel circulating.

All humor aside, thanks for the tip Steve. If my C10 sits for any amount of time I'll have a look.

TW3 added to every tank with a few drops on latch and down vent hole. Also add Marval oil and Lucas fuel treatment.
Quit using Stabil in winter. No fuel system problems since. Used to get sticking floats before!

Since Steve gave us this information I add it to snowblower, lawn tractor, roto-tiller, generator, leaf blower, every 4stroke carb engine I own that gets in frequent use or put away for the season. I also add Stabil marine formula to the gas.

I've told numerous friends of this too, even after explaining the benefit of having a slicker gas passage as the gas evoporates, I still sometimes get the look and comment your crazy for putting 2 stroke oil in a 4 stroke engine.

Steve, thanks for sharing this awhile back and bringing it back up.

I've been using TCW3 for at least 10 years as an inexpensive way to fight fuel system corrosion. Sta-Bil and similar products are very expensive to use regularly and are of questionable effectiveness. One gallon of TCW3 treats all I want to treat for a year and it's action of providing lubrication to increasingly drier and highly doctored gasoline is easy to visualize and understand.
Some time ago SISF (if I recall correctly) found that Sea Foam caused issues and I stopped using it. These days the only additives I use is Techron, TCW3, and Marvel Mystery Oil.

At what ratio do you mix TCW3?
I do not measure. Use a dash or two of TW3. Then maybe an oz of Marvel/ Lucas mix.
I probably use too much as always seem to over pore from bottles.
As mentioned above always put some in tank/side latch apparatus and some down vet hole.
No rust or stickiness in latch now ever. Where in Louisiana that had been a problem till TW3 procedures.

Anyone else have a exact amount for fuel mix consideration?

1 to 512 ratio! Wow. Would say a little goes a long way.
So little does a lot too.

Might have to start measuring mine for consistency and
science sake.