• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dog Days 2022, Marlinton WV

The guest list is growing nicely........with some old familiar names on it! And a couple New York guys!
j

The Restaurant at the Motor isn't serving meals at this time. Just Bar food.
Last year we bought a couple Charcoal grills and some of us cooked our own dinners. Steaks, burger, brawts etc....
Would anyone be interested in doing this again this year?
jason

Last year we bought a couple Charcoal grills and some of us cooked our own dinners. Steaks, burger, brawts etc....
jason
Yep!

jason

sure…. You cooking? I hear you are a pro

Well this was going to be the year to attend. Everything was lining up … then family obligations reared up.😫.

Next time!!

Example ride GPX files posted to event page/ Ride Archive / GPX repository. Download and tweak to your liking.

Dog Days is now a Multi Generational & Mutli Country event!
And about to set a record for attendance!
jason

Dog Days is now a Multi Generational & Mutli Country event!
And about to set a record for attendance!
jason
Congratulations on the excitement! [I mean gosh even that near mythical Northern creature Brian J is registered]

Now can the Brrr Ride be far behind?!

Just a few reminders to everyone that is coming next week to the Dog Days Weekend in Marlinton, WV

• The onsite restaurant is closed.
    The Bar is open and selling Bar food

• The Club has ordered 2 charcoal grills and COG member Roger Somero has volunteered to pick up charcoal
    If you want to cook your own dinner the fire will be hot!
    Bring a steak or pick something up at the local Grocery, and remember to bring what you need to cook with. Utensils, condiments, plates.

• There are many options in town for dining, from fast food to a nice Italian place, two miles away.

• Some old Marlinton based example ride files are available in the COG GPX repository. Before leaving... download, then review and modify in Basecamp, andload to your GPS. We we not be able to load your GPS at the event.
See you in the mountains!
Jason, COG 32

Hacker Valley, WV to Paint Bank, VA today.
20/250 over the mtns/678 from McDowell to 39 first time is excellent/ 18 from Covington to Paint Bank. Temps great for ridiing 65-70; roads damp is some places from scattered showers but generally dry. Hopefully precip will be moving out, I think to the NE. Bring some sun but no heat 😀

Hacker Valley, WV to Paint Bank, VA today.
20/250 over the mtns/678 from McDowell to 39 first time is excellent/ 18 from Covington to Paint Bank. Temps great for ridiing 65-70; roads damp is some places from scattered showers but generally dry. Hopefully precip will be moving out, I think to the NE. Bring some sun but no heat 😀
where you staying tonight?
j

Have been camping last several nights. Treated myself to the Depot Lodge. Nice property.

Made it to MMI, Roger & Paul as well, Rom tomorrow.

No hide nor hair sightings of Brian J despite having registered. My personal theory is the Canadians are still so devastated by their debacle defeats of the War of 1812 they just can't muster the will to show up!
😄

The annual NE Dog Days Weekend is about the terrific people and awesome riding in the mountains of West Virginia. The temps are cooler than lower altitudes. This year about 30 riders attended from all over the COG Northeast area. Each day after riding folks go out for dinner or cook on the grill, then enjoy the parking lot camaraderie

So far this trip I’ve logged just over 1000 miles of fun. Tomorrow I’m headed out early to for a 2 day, 600+ mile return trip to CT.

Another Dog Days in the books… Thanks to the attendees and event host Jason Kaplitz.

Post up your Dog Days photos

78CFE802-0D15-4D3F-8E07-4BB42DA881CB.jpeg

E0E6B115-44A4-4F52-B9BE-A21032718C2E.jpeg

1AC420AD-4957-4843-9567-156E5149172E.jpeg

95A156B3-3109-40D1-958A-EE4823572CE0.jpeg

35146B19-DC46-4E44-9DC4-BCA3F82908A8.jpeg

Made it home safe after 1600+ miles of glorious riding during this trip to Dog Days. The weather was kind to me, and I only saw a few sprinkles over the 5 days. gMitch and I departed on SAT for a two day back roads trip home and missed the major rain in WV on SUN. Departing early SAT morning, we headed east on RT39 and gMitch had us on several great roads in VA headed north keeping us out of cities and traffic. Lunch was terrific sammiches at Stoney Creek Country Store along RT 9 in Great Cacapon, WV. We began rolling toward MD and then I blinked and missed it. We spent SAT night at Shamokin B&B. A nice place at a very decent $79/night. The owner was motorcycle friendly and had us park the bikes safely in the back yard. After a packing the bikes and having a continental breakfast, we headed out east across PA, stopping to pay homage at the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. From there we continued NE into northern NJ, then into NY at Warwick, had an excellent lunch from a food truck near the shore of Greenwood Lake. Then we rode through Harriman State Park and over the Bear Mountain Bridge. At the Annsville circle we began heading northeast through through my old stomping grounds in Putnam County NY... Cortland, Putnam Valley, Kent, Holmes, Patterson, Pawling. We entered CT into Sherman, and gMitch and I parted ways in New Milford, CT and we continued our trips to our respective homes.

Yuengling.jpg

What a great Dog Days! Props to Jason for setting things up.

Saw many folks had not seen in some time - Clyde, Pat, Bobby, Wayne, Mitch and many others. And of course The Four Horsemen (Tom, Paul, Roger and me) along with the apprentice from Canada (Brian the Mountie). Great riding, outstanding weather! Well, if like me you didn't have to be home on Sunday could delay to wait out the rain it was great weather every day! Even the SENAs worked well. Ok, maybe not that ...

Roger, Tom & Paul (Ok mostly Roger and Tom) fixed my burned-out low beam bulb and I've even been using the Zumo XT "Blue Diamond" as suggested by Mitch!

Onward to the Brrr Ride!!
https://concours.org/event-4862607
Brr Forum thread

Attachments

• 2022-08-21 15.18.00.jpg
    2022-08-21 15.18.00.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 2022-08-19 07.17.10.jpg
    2022-08-19 07.17.10.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2022-08-19 02.34.27.jpg
    2022-08-19 02.34.27.jpg