• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dog Days Weekend 2021

gsjay

I have put Dog Days Weekend 2021 on the Schedule for Aug 12-15.
I will post more information as it becomes avaliable.
Mark your calendar.
tks,
jason

I've received notification that folks are registering for Dog Days and BOOKING ROOMS!
August seems miles away but it will be here before you know it!
BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
jason

Hey gang, I only see 8 registered for this event ......................
Come on, BOOK THOSE ROOMS and register so I know how many gifts I need to buy.
tks,
jason

Only 13 Rooms booked as of Today..................
Last time I think we have 30.
Let's go guys!
BOOK THOSE ROOMS.
Jason

Just registered for the rally and made my reservation at the motel.

Starting to have second thoughts with all the talk about speedos LOL j/k This will be my 5th?? Dog Days Rally and looking forward to it again

Starting to have second thoughts with all the talk about speedos LOL j/k This will be my 5th?? Dog Days Rally and looking forward to it again

Starting to have second thoughts with all the talk about speedos LOL j/k This will be my 5th?? Dog Days Rally and looking forward to it ag
Hey Jerry, it will be good to see you! Bring some friends. The Motor Inn has been under renovations so it's even better than in the past!
jason

I may consider this, it would be something different for me & I don't have anything planned for August.
Well, come on down..........always a great time in Marlinton! Food and beer onsight. Great riding in all directions.
Oh, and they have a pool.
BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
Jason

IF we can get across the border with our proof of vax in hand, John DeVos on his FJRadv and I will be attending. Back Mountain Rd. beckons!

Ok, as you may have seen the Resturant at the Inn is not open........
I'm working on buying two Charcoal Grills so we can have at least one night of "Cook Your Own Steak" .....
Or hamburgers, etc..
Do any of you like this idea or am I nuts?
We could go to the market and pick up some Potato Salad etc and have a nice little cook out.
Jason

Ah Jason the "Ace Host"!

I think I is a very nice idea. Suspect the Horseman [Roger123, Rogers Friend, Rogers Friend's Close Personal Buddy & The Thawed Canadian] would go for it!

Please be aware, given the COVID situation at our house, I will be masked.and practicing social distancing.

I need to back out of this event.. I couldn't find a way to cancel on the event page. Please take me off the list. I look forward to this weekend every year but just not working this year..

I need to back out of this event.. I couldn't find a way to cancel on the event page. Please take me off the list. I look forward to this weekend every year but just not working this year..
Ok, hope to see you next year. jason

Bald Knob route looks like the best one.

I'm gonna bring a bicycle and work on my fitness. Snowshoe Mtn is a famous hill climb.

What else is there to do in the area?

Bald Knob route looks like the best one.

I'm gonna bring a bicycle and work on my fitness. Snowshoe Mtn is a famous hill climb.

What else is there to do in the area?

Did Y'all see that Boyer station is for sale, COG needs to buy it and hold rallies there again LOL

Could be a self-funded business venture. Not sure how COG is structured (501c3?) but if we create an LLP or LLC as a subsidiary it could be a meaningful conversation. I'd put $'s into the kitty as a shareholder in a venture that we know we can acquire and maintain based on simple, straightforward property mgmt practices. Anyone know why it's for sale? Back taxes? Liens? Any probate, etc?

Maybe something that we can market to other bike clubs to host their rallies and annuals at (with OUR annual and rides previously blocked off on the calendar already a couple years in advance of course).

Thoughts?

FWIW, I was up in NM last week running around the Enchanted Circle and have to report that the twisties and views are breathtaking. Temps were in the low 70's during the day, and 50's overnight. Absolutely gorgeous rides, and sections up and down the mountains that you can barely get out of 2nd gear for loooong stretches. A dream location for a rally IMHO.

1626901350988.png

Last edited:
Could be a self-funded business venture. Not sure how COG is structured (501c3?) but if we create an LLP or LLC as a subsidiary it could be a meaningful conversation. I'd put $'s into the kitty as a shareholder in a venture that we know we can acquire and maintain based on simple, straightforward property mgmt practices. Anyone know why it's for sale? Back taxes? Liens? Any probate, etc?

Maybe something that we can market to other bike clubs to host their rallies and annuals at (with OUR annual and rides previously blocked off on the calendar already a couple years in advance of course).

Thoughts?

FWIW, I was up in NM last week running around the Enchanted Circle and have to report that the twisties and views are breathtaking. Temps were in the low 70's during the day, and 50's overnight. Absolutely gorgeous rides, and sections up and down the mountains that you can barely get out of 2nd gear for loooong stretches. A dream location for a rally IMHO.

View attachment 29983
You buy it.
I'll promote for a small fee.
Jason

Looks like I am out for this year, wife informed me last night that is the weekend the grandchildren will be at the house.

I hate it, but family comes first, or grandchildren do :)

The Restaurant at the Marlinton Motor Inn is not open due to staffing issues…

The Bar is open, serving Bar food.

There are several places in town serving food as well as the typical fast food.

We’re going to have a “Cook your own Meat” night? Friday & Saturday evening.
The club will provide two Charcoal Grills and Charcoal.

I’ll bring Tongs, Spatulas and Paper Plates.

Bring your own Steak/Meat and knife & fork!

There is a grocery store just down the street, if you want to buy something for on the grill.

We can throw some money in the hat and pick up potato salad etc.

See you in Marlinton!

Jason

Cog 32

Registration is still climbing........28
New guy from the 4th of July weekend, Kairi Purnell just signed up. We didn't scare him away! YEA.

Anyone been here lately?
jason

Charcoal grills have been ordered and will be waiting for us at the Local Ace hardware store. Now I have to decide what steaks to bring :)
jason
Jason,

Want me to bring a couple bags of charcoal? I'm trailering, gasp.

And when will the grills be there? I'm coming in Wed afternoon, I can pick them up.

I sent you a PM with my number if you need anything else, call or shoot me a text.

Roger

Last edited:
Thanks Roger, we can buy charcoal at the ACE.
Weather lookks to be HOT so don't forget the Swim suit.
jason

I called the Hutte Restaurant in Helvetia.............
they are open for take out only. they have tables out side on the porch and some picnic tables in the yard.
If you've never been to the Hutte, I suggest you check it out.
jason

Home from a weekend of riding WVa and VA mountain roads. Steaks on the grill, beer in the fridge, sausage with horseradish mustard, pepper pickles, brownies, chocolate chip cookie. Even with our extra loud neighbors and a little rain and it was a great weekend.

Thanks to Jason for the setup and Steve for the door prizes.

Jeff and Kathy

dog days 01.jpgdogdays02.jpg

Jeff, thanks for posting the pictures............
I'll be adding next years event to the calendar soon. Moving it forward one week to the 3rd week of the month.
Watch the calendar.
jason