• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Donner Ride/Overnighter this weekend

buddy

Training Wheels
Hi everyone,

We have more info on the ride/weekend of June 15th. We'll be heading up to Truckee on Friday to spend the night at Doug's cabin, located at: 14801 Mount Judah Drive, Truckee, CA 96161. Saturday morning, we head out on a ride around the Tahoe/Donner area and will end up back at Doug's cabin for another night. Sunday morning we all head home. (Keep in mind that if you can only make it for the ride on Saturday that's OK. Just get yourself to the cabin by 9:00.)

The cabin sleeps about eight. There are beds, but I recommend you bring something to sleep on and in, in case we run out of beds. There's plenty of floor space and if we run out of beds, we'll draw straws for sleeping arraignments.

As far as food: You're on your own Friday night. Saturday we'll go out for breakfast. There is a supermarket nearby. We're not sure about dinner for Saturday, but we'll figure something out. There is a full kitchen available.

Lisa and I will be leaving Elk Grove at 3:00. You're more than welcome to join us for the ride up, or we'll just meet you there.

Directions:
From I-80 East (to Reno)
Take the (first) Donner Lake exit
Turn Right on Donner Pass Rd
Turn Left on South Shore Dr
Turn Right on Red Mountain Rd
Turn Right on Mt Judah Dr
The house is on the left at 14801 Mt Judah Dr.
The driveway is steep (I've been in and out many times with my bike) but the garage is a double car garage and hopefully should accommodate all of the bikes and we will leave it open for all day Friday.

Here is Doug's cell number just in case. 916-217-0783

Also, we have a wrenching session coming up on June 23rd at 6128 Cameo Drive, Rocklin. You can start showing up by 8:30. Gary Muma is hosting. His number is: 624-7717
If you need to have any tires changed, we can do mounting and balancing for $10, but please let me know asap if you're going to be changing tires.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Hope to see you there,
Buddy

I'm a three time Connie owner and former COG member (NW) and will join again here soon.

I'm interested in this weekend's ride to Donner Pass if there's room.

It would be my g/f and I.  We can stuff mummy bags in the luggage and floor space is fine.

We wouldn't arrive until 5 or 6 Saturday night.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Technomadic Tourist

"As far as food: You're on your own Friday night. Saturday we'll go out for breakfast. There is a supermarket nearby. We're not sure about dinner for Saturday, but we'll figure something out. There is a full kitchen available."

Well, considering where you're going, if you run out of food, you'll always have each other............ :rotflmao:

So sorry Jeremy. I just got this. You never have to ask for an invite. Just show up and you'll be welcomed. If you can get here tomorrow by 8:30am, you can join up with us. We'll be here Saturday night as well.
Hope to see you,
Buddy