• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dragstrip times and RPM

3dragonsnake

Training Wheels
Hi,
Friday night drags at Phoenix last month. Had 2 practice runs then launched hard at 4500 rpm= 1.8 60' time and 11.23 ET. :great:
Good run considering it's 200 lbs heavier than my ninja.
anyone else been to the dragstrip with their 1400?
Perry

I have. My reaction time sucks but my best run was 7.44 at 101.9 in the 1/8th mile. It was a lot of fun :)

Hi,
no flash, it's still new and stock, 2000 miles. I'm still being carful with it, haven't got used to it yet. My 1/8 mile was 7.20 ET.
Perry

The S flash cranks up the timing
Wakes up the low end big time
Gives you more miles per gal

A little off subject but I went on a 3000 miler a couple months ago and on the flats doing 80 on average I got 49 MPG with Steve's flash.

I went 11.42 @124    stock with easy launch , T/C still on  , Bags on

Can wait to run it this spring  with the Full Area P system and Steve's flash .... 

I will be trying it this summer. Never run a bike of any type down the strip but I have an almost 8,000 lbs Duramax crew cab long box that runs consistent 12.88 @ 104 mph . It is sure a fun truck and usually draws a crowd although there's more and more really fast diesel truck popping up and I am no longer the fastest around here.

After spending some time here it seems that it isn’t necessarily proper to mention industry members products in places other than their own area. I simply removed to so as to not step on anyone’s toes. I hope that’s not a problem. I will post it where it belongs later. I gather that’s the right thing to do. Thanks

Well, you can mention them in open forum, you just can't advertise in open forum, and you can't cross question another IM in his specific "sandbox" as a vendor, about a competitors product... that's pretty simple, and you didn't violate anything yet...Here.

Drag Racer,
  Congratulations !! Breaking into the 10's on a stock C14 couldn't have been easy. Hat's off to you.  :motonoises: :beerchug:

Locally, I have a couple guys starting to run the 1/8 mile with thier connies.  Chris Gray, in this second time on a dragstrip, posted a 7.03 / 104 with a c-14 outfitted with a 2 BR slip on and Shoodaben flash. He just last week installed a full Area P system, and the attending flash, and that night ran a 6.81 @ 107.48 . He was also afraid of looking the bike on the launch, and shortshifted 1-2 because of the wheelies he'd already fought. I have another customer who is installing the AreaP pipe now and he has experience drag racing. He weighs the same as Chris, so it's going to be interesting. I honestly think a good rider will get into the high 6.6's with that setup.

ETA - I'm not posting this ^ as an advertisement.  If you're talking racing (times, mph)  the comparisons are only relevant if you know what mods are done to the vehicle.

Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Locally, I have a couple guys starting to run the 1/8 mile with thier connies.  Chris Gray, in this second time on a dragstrip, posted a 7.03 / 104 with a c-14 outfitted with a 2 BR slip on and Shoodaben flash. He just last week installed a full Area P system, and the attending flash, and that night ran a 6.81 @ 107.48 . He was also afraid of looking the bike on the launch, and shortshifted 1-2 because of the wheelies he'd already fought. I have another customer who is installing the AreaP pipe now and he has experience drag racing. He weighs the same as Chris, so it's going to be interesting. I honestly think a good rider will get into the high 6.6's with that setup.

ETA - I'm not posting this ^ as an advertisement.  If you're talking racing (times, mph)  the comparisons are only relevant if you know what mods are done to the vehicle.

Steve

I recently ran 6.88 at 103 mph in the 1/8th with a slip on and Ivan's Performance flash with a marginally better 60ft at just shy of 200 lbs. The war between he and I for supremacy in this area is on. I suspect youth will prevail soon enough. I'm not sure what the difference in the DA was but for what it's worth that's where things currently stand.

Latest attempt netted corrected time of 10.586 at 129.121 mph. Ivan’s Performance flash, Delkevic 18” slip on, dirty air filter, 200/55/17 tire that kind of screw up the drive a little and 3/4 of a tank of gas at Auto Club Speedway, Fontana Ca last weekend. Planning to go back with stock size tire, new air filter and some new clutch plates when convenient. Has anyone topped that lately?

Grant said:
I will be trying it this summer. Never run a bike of any type down the strip but I have an almost 8,000 lbs Duramax crew cab long box that runs consistent 12.88 @ 104 mph . It is sure a fun truck and usually draws a crowd although there's more and more really fast diesel truck popping up and I am no longer the fastest around here.

Here’s one from the other day on my Concours

https://youtu.be/geIV2Z_oN_o

Nice! I never made it to the strip this year been riding a lot though  ;)