• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dualsport Riding at National.

I will have my KTM 690 Enduro R there also. In past rallies we have had a dual sport ride. If you are familiar with the Alabama trails would you be willing to put a day ride together ?

Last edited:
I could ride my V-Strom over, trails would need to be big bike friendly though. Rough single track trails aren't so good on a 1000 with my marginal offroad skills.

Wife could hang out by the water which she had just as soon do anyway. She's not that fond of riding the Strom.

I could ride my V-Strom over, trails would need to be big bike friendly though. Rough single track trails aren't so good on a 1000 with my marginal offroad skills.

Wife could hang out by the water which she had just as soon do anyway. She's not that fond of riding the Strom.
You can use my Connie when you want to go two up. Don't want the better half feeling left out.

My Brother N Law and I are dragging along our R1200 GS's in addition to the ZG's to hunt down some ADV trails. I reached out to the Beemer dealer who said they would call back with some suggestions but nothing as yet. Happy to join anyone with like minded mounts for a cruise in the area. We also planning to run up to the Barber Museum - assuming that is not already in the events plans...

Last edited:
I only have the Vstrom now. I did not buy it to ride dual sport but if the trails are great for this kind of bike I sure might try it.

I only have the Vstrom now. I did not buy it to ride dual sport but if the trails are great for this kind of bike I sure might try it.
Well hopefully I will hear back from the locals in the area. I can only assume there are some good trails for such machines. Will do some further research online...

I will probably bring both the C10 and baby brother the Super Sherpa to the National. They have learned to coexist nicely on the trailer.

The Sherpa is a little mountain goat, but being only a 250, it's not going to keep up with the big ADV boys or go log & rock hopping. It's a hoot on the gravel back roads and more sedate trails, though, at its own pace. It's been known to do OK chasing a Versys (@SteveJ ) for a minute or two.

I have a post on ADV rider asking for dual sport suggestions. So far just one suggestion. If their is still interest we can just pick a day and head out with GPS in shortest route with no avoidance. That is my typical dual sport mode anyway.

I like the "shortest route" idea on the GPS idea. Always start those rides with a full tank! I am still on the fence on bringing the GS along but if there is some interest in some ADV riding, I'll stuff it on the trailer as we can carry 3 bikes. My brother n law and I are looking forward to doing a Barber Museum run either the weekend prior or during the rally week in case that fits into a planned COG ride.

I did get one more reply so I believe I at least have a general direction to go. If you run short of fuel with that "super tanker" GS the rest of us are going to be in a world of trouble. :)