• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dumb question, number 734

Buckster

I can't seem to find the list of parts that crossover to the C 10. I'm specifically looking for radiator cap. I did a search for radiator cap and saw four entries. Maybe I'm not searching correctly. I am, most assuredly, finding challenged.
Thanks.

Beaucephus - you can do a site-specific search with most search engines.

In this case, it would look like this "1-bar radiator cap site:forum.cog-online.org"

The "site:<website>" portion tells the search engine to limit the results to items only from the specified domain.

Personally I use DuckDuckGo for searches. It's anonymous (they don't keep info from individual searches)  and the search engine collects from all the major search engines (so it's an aggregator). I find it provides better results than google. It also doesn't do passthrough results (so weblinks don't provide the destination additional info about how you got there).

IXquick is another search engine that's better about respecting privacy.

I can use google just fine.  It's the search here that gives trouble.  Sometimes the results are on the "other" ZG1000 site.

Sorry Buckey, when I mentioned where to find it, I didn't do due dilligence and give a link..
And it was a bit tricky to find, as so many people have rearranged and relocated stuff on this site over the years, it takes a AAA roadmap to find the simple things sometimes..

Anyway, for posterity, and to keep this thread as an active source if someone else searches... like maybe next week..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

radiator cap
OEM p/n. 49085-1053
(32mm ID x 16mm deep neck)
0.9bar / 13psi

Same as 1978 Ford Fiesta

Stant: 10229 (Bryan Moody)
Carquest :33028 (Guy B. Young II)
Stant: 11227 (blister pack) (Guy B. Young II)
Stant: 10227 (boxed) (Guy B. Young II)
CST: 7013 (Bryan Moody)
Motorcraft: RS62 (Bryan Moody)
Motorcraft: RC19 (Bryan Moody)
Beck/Arnley: 133-8060 (Bryan Moody)
Beck/Arnley: 133-8078 (Bryan Moody)
Gates: 31527 (Bryan Moody)
AC-Delco: RC19 (Bryan Moody)

Now the good news. The local parts store has one on the shelf.

I'm kind of wondering if the search function only works within the particular part of a forum that you're in.*
Perhaps one needs to do a site-wide search from the home page search box. If I wasn't so lazy this time of day, I might even investigate that a little bit. Maybe some other day. :beerchug:

A potential addition to that parts list might be an air filter made by UNI that fits the C 10. I have one on order, at $23 delivered to my door. It looks like the filter media is caged by wire at least on the outside. It does appear to be an oil type of filter, which isn't my favorite, but a good pleated paper type filter is apparently not available for the C10. I like simplicity. Use a paper filter throw it away -- done.

+$60 for a K&N? I don't doubt they're very good, and lifetime built,  but I ain't never going to spend 60 motorcycle air filter.
Cheep cheep as the Birdy sings. It probably doesn't help that I remember when an air filter for a big honkin  V8 was three or four dollars.

*I believe that parts and parts cross list is in a PDF. I'm not sure if PDFs are always searchable. I missed that day in PDF School.  ::)

The list is in a sticky at the front of the c10 forum . Could be that info in the stickies are not searchable ?

Searching is not an easy or simple thing to do, and very resource intensive. So the search function inbuilt to the forum is not as powerful as using, say, Google. Or so I'm told, the topic comes up now and then on the Simple Machines forum.

To use Google restricted to this site, use the following syntax:
Code:
site:forum.cog-online.org search terms here

^ How things are actually found on the forum.  The built in search shuts down valid queries with null results for giggles. 

JimBob said:
Personally I use DuckDuckGo for searches. It's anonymous (they don't keep info from individual searches)  and the search engine collects from all the major search engines (so it's an aggregator). I find it provides better results than google. It also doesn't do passthrough results (so weblinks don't provide the destination additional info about how you got there).

+1 on using DuckDuckGo as my browser search engine.  Doesn't matter whose browser on what platform.

No ads, tastes great.

Very helpful thread -- but am I the only one who's shocked that the secret to getting a better price on a C10 radiator cap is to use one designed for a 1978 Ford Fiesta???  :-\

I mean Buh-hesus, that's a nearly 40-year-old car that was probably designed to last 6 years. And the fact that the local parts store has one on the shelf. Wow!

You're either the luckiest guy around or must have a very active Classic Ford Fiesta Club in town.  ;)

The Fiesta cap apparently fits a wide number of vehicles -- one caveat -- it did not fit my 04 Concours*. A Stant number from the COG parts list worked though.

*Did the NAPA guy get it wrong? Maybe, but he's been doing that job for many years. Luckily I had the old cap in hand.