• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop Roadsmart 3 not offered in a GT, correct?

KretonsLC

I've never used Roadsmarts but have read good things about the 3's and am planning on replacing my PR4s with them.  So Dunlop doesn't make a GT version? Is this because they're specifically designed for heavier sport tourers?

Don't know the answer, but my current RS's on the C14 work very well and have worn nicely. I like the handling to. Zero complaints.

The RS3 is their GT tire by definition. There's no light load version. I have about 3500 miles on mine and barely see a dent in them. Great tire in all conditions so far. My friend was hydroplaning on his PR4GT on the way home last year from our trip and I had no issue on the RS3. They also stick better in the dry than the PR4GT I had before.

gpd323 said:
Don't know the answer, but my current RS's on the C14 work very well and have worn nicely. I like the handling to. Zero complaints.
rmills944 said:
The RS3 is their GT tire by definition. There's no light load version. I have about 3500 miles on mine and barely see a dent in them. Great tire in all conditions so far. My friend was hydroplaning on his PR4GT on the way home last year from our trip and I had no issue on the RS3. They also stick better in the dry than the PR4GT I had before.

Thanks guys.  I've always been pretty happy with PR4s, but after reading about the RS3 and seeing their price, I figured I'd give them a shot.