• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop RoadSmart 4 available

nickrides

I see that Dunlop has a RS4 in production, altho it mentions testing with the 120/70ZR17 front size I can't seem to find it available yet
The Rear 19050 or 55ZR17 is available at about 210 bucks
They say it lasts longer, makes your hair grow back, increases energy and your old lady moves back in, oh and your pickup starts.
Hard to beat the RS2 for the crazy low price thou, thats what I'm riding and I like 'em.
Nick
2014 C-14

I'm interested to see how the RS3s will be priced, now that they've been eclipsed by the RS4.

And I'm still on the RS2s!
I've checked, and while availability on the 4's still seems limited, the pricing on the 3's looks to be about $100-110/pair less. I'm just about due to replace my 3's, but since I don't think there's sufficient real world feedback to tell whether the 4's are worth the extra $, I'm just gonna stick with the 3's this time around since I've found them to be the best value for my needs that I've yet found.

I've been tracking prices for awhile. Pirelli, Metzeler and now Dunlop have added new improved versions of their older tires. Reviews on the Pirelli Angel GT2 don't seem as good as the older model. Metzeler promised the world with the Roadtec 01, but my first set lasted half the miles of the Z8 it replaced. Metzeler now has an SE version that is at least $100 more, and again promises the world. Dunlop is now following the same trend.

I'll stick with the Continental Roadattack 3. I'm on my second set, and like them enough to go for three.

Chris

I'm looking forward to trying a set of the IVs. I've read a bunch of posts about the 2s, but haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Got 3s right now and will likely replace them with another set of 3s. I REALLY like them. With the confusion in the spring, I did not write down the mileage when I got my 3's installed. I feel they lasted a bit longer than Angels or Pilot 4s but I can't say for sure. I also feel like I got premium performance longer. I will be watching for reports on the IVs and if they get longer life with the same or better performance, I am all in.

When I got my C-14 June '19 I had a set of RS3's put on. Good tires.
I've had 2 sets of RS2's on since and I can't tell the difference, except my wallet is heavier.

When I got my C-14 June '19 I had a set of RS3's put on. Good tires.
I've had 2 sets of RS2's on since and I can't tell the difference, except my wallet is heavier.
Hey Nick, how many miles are you getting out of the RS2's ?

ONly about 2000 miles on the RS3's......

But I just spooned on a set of RS2's on my other bike, and the 190/50 is ALOT skinnier than the RS3 190/55 on the Connie.

It literally LOOKS like a 180/ in comparison. Weird.

gr

ONly about 2000 miles on the RS3's......

But I just spooned on a set of RS2's on my other bike, and the 190/50 is ALOT skinnier than the RS3 190/55 on the Connie.

It literally LOOKS like a 180/ in comparison. Weird.

gr
Do you have an inner-rear fender on your C14 with a 190/55?
Thanks in advance