• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

E-Bay radiator??????

gwenzz1972

So....I'm considering replacing the radiator when I tackle the valve adjustment this winter. My 2011 C-14 has 71,000+ miles and she's never had a radiator guard. It's very apparent in the amount of fin damage she has.
Anybody had good luck with an aftermarket radiator??? The prices are very appealing, but I don't want to sacrifice performance for a few dollars saved.
My goal is to replace it then cover it with a Projekt D radiator guard.

Thoughts????
Opinions???

Couple years back i had to.replace mine due to some holes wore into.the backside by the fans.
With some help form the great folks on The forum, i was bird dogged to a used one (low mileage) on ebay. This was of course after i had been resuscitated due to the sticker shock of what a new one from maw kaw was...

U could.always take it to a local radiator shop to see how much itll cost to fux urs...

Straighten the fins, clean it up and use it.

FSM calls for periodic inspection / maintenance of straightening fins…

Straighten the fins, clean it up and use it.

FSM calls for periodic inspection / maintenance of straightening fins…
Straightening fins..... a tedious job for sure but well worth the effort compared to the alterative. One of the first things I did for my 09 was put a rad guard on it. Biggest issue so far was bug splats.

Mylers Aluminum radiator repair in Utah. Great people, great service, save hundreds! will make it like new.

Straightening fins..... a tedious job for sure but well worth the effort compared to the alterative. One of the first things I did for my 09 was put a rad guard on it. Biggest issue so far was bug splats.
Yep, what he said.

I'm kinda like the others. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it)
BUT: I've also looked at the cheap Radiators. Unsure of their quality, but I think some have used them successfully.

NOTE: Was helping a Buddy that damaged his.
I discovered that a ZX-14 uses the same radiator, and their available on Ebay. (Because there are more of them, the prices are better than ZG-14 radiators)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
No, you would only get about 5-6 more HP.
Correction: You could get 9-10 more HP.
But you must get the radiator from a RED ZX-14 to get that extra power..
(Glad I could clear that up for you) 🤠

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I just replaced a radiator on my 2021 C14. I got the tiniest hole in mine on the way home from the dealership the day I bought it. Other than the tiny hole, it's got 108 miles on it and is basically like new. The dealership was kind enough to sell me a new radiator for $700 versus the $925 retail.

I plan to have the damaged one repaired if possible and sell it on E-bay.

I just replaced a radiator on my 2021 C14. I got the tiniest hole in mine on the way home from the dealership the day I bought it. Other than the tiny hole, it's got 108 miles on it and is basically like new. The dealership was kind enough to sell me a new radiator for $700 versus the $925 retail.

I plan to have the damaged one repaired if possible and sell it on E-bay.
Damn the bad luck - 108 miles and you busted the radiator? Was there clear damage from a strike?

Damn the bad luck - 108 miles and you busted the radiator? Was there clear damage from a strike?
Yea, the bike was thoroughly inspected by me before I left the dealership and I made a stop or two on the way home with no issues. I’m fairly certain the damage occurred on the interstate in a construction zone just moments from my home, as it didn’t have enough time to lose enough coolant to bring it below the lower mark on the reservoir. It had to be a small rock or something. I have a photo and video of the damage.

I’ve already given the short version; this is the longer. The dealer was sympathetic. They offered that I could take it to any Kawasaki dealer. I would have had to trailer it. Then, let them assess it and repair it at my cost. Then, they would try to push it as a warranty claim, and if that were successful, then they refund what I had paid. So, potentially I would have had to transport the bike, pay retail for the parts, shop supplies, coolant, labor, etc.

The other offer was a radiator shipped to me for $700.

I’ve since installed the new radiator, a fender extender and a Cox Racing radiator guard. It was tough to just look at the bike for 10 days, but I finally have that “new” sensation again.

Well that’s one way of getting to know your new bike! Glad it’s up and running now.

I had on order a radiator guard but it went to back order so much I canceled it not knowing the other I was looking at was also out of stock…. I need to reorder and get installed a guard. We ride on some dirt roads and construction (as you mention) so it’s only a matter of time.

BTW- I feel your pain, in a way. ‘Blue’ came straight /!brand new from the dealership and first weekend ride was leaking coolant and dribbling across the fairing…. I brought it back and it was found that several clamps were loose, after tightening all good. Since then I’ve had the radiator out for cleaning and also valve job and never a leak after install.

So....I'm considering replacing the radiator when I tackle the valve adjustment this winter. My 2011 C-14 has 71,000+ miles and she's never had a radiator guard. It's very apparent in the amount of fin damage she has.
Anybody had good luck with an aftermarket radiator??? The prices are very appealing, but I don't want to sacrifice performance for a few dollars saved.
My goal is to replace it then cover it with a Projekt D radiator guard.

Thoughts????
Opinions???
Chinese junk. Won't. Last. One. Minute.

Buy quality parts or nothing at all. OEM. Because you frown on Chinese bike, why would you buy Chinese part 🤷