• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Early Spring 81 Degrees in South Carolina

Uncle Vern

A gift from whatever deity you worship...Horry County rivers are above flood stage and most crossings are shut down...major hiways still open so I went to 1) Local Conway offices to pay local bills 2) highway 90 to 22 bipass to BassPro to pay credit card bill 3) South down 31, bypassing MB, to the south end 4) Picked up some local mahi (dolphin fish) to blacken on back deck tomorow. Murrells Inlet Seafood sells to the public as well a supplying many restaurants.

Hit Myrtle Beach State Park on the way up US 17 and took a late lunch on the pier. Viennas and crackers, with homemade tea. Harrelson Blvd gets me around the new mall, over the waterway, and back on 501 North/west

If next week stays warm, I may try to add to my Ultimate Outsider SC State Parks tally.

Beautiful here in north Georgia too. This is a much appreciated break in the weather.

Stayed home today (Sunday) and watched everyone in the county with a bike cruising by as I ate breakfast on the front porch. Later, the internet and I figured out what was wrong with my gas grill. It was burning low and it turns out I tripped a safety feature. I followed the instructions on the maker's website and quickly reset the regulator. Happy days are here again!!! Just in time for spring grilling!!! Now I just have to decide whether to grill that mahi or break out the turkey-fryer burner and blacken it. Yum!

Stayed home today (Sunday) and watched everyone in the county with a bike cruising by as I ate breakfast on the front porch. Later, the internet and I figured out what was wrong with my gas grill. It was burning low and it turns out I tripped a safety feature. I followed the instructions on the maker's website and quickly reset the regulator. Happy days are here again!!! Just in time for spring grilling!!! Now I just have to decide whether to grill that mahi or break out the turkey-fryer burner and blacken it. Yum!
Either fish or turkey, but fish down south for me please!

Having driven it, i advise to be vigilant for speed traps... there were quite a few out on it the last time i drove it south from I 10 to I75..

From Moncks corner
A gift from whatever deity you worship...Horry County rivers are above flood stage and most crossings are shut down...major hiways still open so I went to 1) Local Conway offices to pay local bills 2) highway 90 to 22 bipass to BassPro to pay credit card bill 3) South down 31, bypassing MB, to the south end 4) Picked up some local mahi (dolphin fish) to blacken on back deck tomorow. Murrells Inlet Seafood sells to the public as well a supplying many restaurants.

Hit Myrtle Beach State Park on the way up US 17 and took a late lunch on the pier. Viennas and crackers, with homemade tea. Harrelson Blvd gets me around the new mall, over the waterway, and back on 501 North/west

If next week stays warm, I may try to add to my Ultimate Outsider SC State Parks tally.
Ever go through Moncks Corner, around Lake Santee area, a place called Short Stay military campground. I'll be there in April for 3 days. Might get to ride together. I will be visiting Parris Island ona day trip and maybe Savannah. Check your schedule.