• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Email when PM Received?

Click on your Forum Name in the upper right corner of the page. Then click on "Preferences" You will see several selections for email notifications.

As a follow-up to Fred's response... Do not reply to the email notification. The reply will not be sent to the recipient, you must reply from within the Forum.

1605103153888.png

will it be from cog-online.org?Click on your Forum Name in the upper right corner of the page. Then click on "Preferences" You will see several selections for email notifications.

Hi Fred, Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have checked: "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" but I don't receive anything.

Do I need to specifically whitelist this? If so would the email notifications be from cog-online.org?

I have checked SPAM and JUNK folders in my email - nothing there either. Hmmmmm.

Thanks, Stan

Hi Fred, Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have checked: "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" but I don't receive anything.

Do I need to specifically whitelist this? If so would the email notifications be from cog-online.org?

I have checked SPAM and JUNK folders in my email - nothing there either. Hmmmmm.

Thanks, Stan
I will need to let Brian aka MuddyWaters, COG's IT officer, answer your questions, they are above my IT knowledge. :)
I do know that you should not be receiving anything from cog-online.org. From my understanding that entire email system has been shutdown and replaced,

If you have notifications enabled and still not receiving them, consider contacting your ISP and ask to have the @concours.org domain whitelisted.
We have been receiving some system email bounce errors like this
Remote Server returned: '554 5.7.1 Message has been rejected due to suspected spam content.'
Which seems to indicate some email providers or ISPs may be blocking forum system notices as potential SPAM.