• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Embarrassing personal question: Do you squeak when you walk?

santacruzrider

I have a pair of Tourmaster waterproof riding boots that after just 3 years and maybe only 30K miles have developed a squeak. At first I thought it was just my pants rubbing on the boots when I walked, but that ain't it and now it's coming from each boot with every step. Wouldn't bother me if it was just when I was messing around on the weekends, but walking into the office has become a bit of spectacle!! I may have to start signing out loud just to cover the squeak -- and I suspect some folks already think I'm odd, so I hate to take that step (get it...?).

Anyone else had this problem? Will some WD40 fix it?  :))

Try mink oil. Saddle soap, then oil with mink oil (from a hiking store). It'll help with your waterproofing, too.  Or just go catch a mink.  :))

I use my ankle hinged mx boots when on my 701, i sound like a rusty swingset walking in them. I use silicone spray lube to silence them.

I actually enjoy the attention my creaking leather, often rain moistened makes as I walk into work or a restaurant/hotel. Then the cacophony of sound as the multitude of Velcro restraints are loosed at various closures of the garments accentuated by a large-toothed YKK zipper serenade.

Then those in earshot know, here stands a 'road warrior', done with this round of the to the death battle on the street against the malevolent Cagers!

Great question!! My problem is hair as I attend many meetings where hair is an issue after riding to them?! I have no plans on not riding so don't worry. When I ride to work and walk into the "office" I have made manny decisions depending on location, weather, protection needed, clothes required etc. If you have squeaky boots try to figure out/isolate where the sound is originating from and we can better help.......

antibus said:
Great question!! My problem is hair as I attend many meetings where hair is an issue after riding to them?! I have no plans on not riding so don't worry. When I ride to work and walk into the "office" I have made manny decisions depending on location, weather, protection needed, clothes required etc. If you have squeaky boots try to figure out/isolate where the sound is originating from and we can better help.......
0 on the sides, finger length on top and don't forget my eyebrows. Never a hair problem when you keep it high and tight.

Can’t say that I squeak, but I do sometimes “toot” when I walk!  :))
Yeah, I know I’m no help...

If they are that Cortech material then the mink oil and stuff wont do much . Maybe a different insole insert might help . Those can get squeeky after some wear .