• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Extenders on, or extenders off

gbyoung2

Time for the mental wrestling match – again – like it is every year:

Fairing extenders off and replace with the scoops

or

Leave the fairing extenders on and swap them out AFTER Wellsboro.

Argument for leaving them on: It ALWAYS rains at the Wellsboro rallys + will be riding a little further north (cooler?). They do provide better protection than the scoops.

Argument for taking them off: Been getting up in the high 70s, 80s, and occasional low 90s here lately. Feet and legs have been getting a little warm….. especially when the fan kicks in. I also know we’ll be in slow traffic sections on the trip up, and back. No telling what the weather will be doing, so it remains a crap shoot.

Think I’m gonna roll the dice and swap them out. Shoot, I rode my ’86 a year or so before I even knew they existed, and survived.

Scoops back on, and in correct direction for summer... reverse scoops for winter, you got fairing wings, I know, and altho they keep off rain, and deflect cold, they don't do much for ya when you are walking a bike for an hour, a foot at a time, in traffic....(I vaguely recallndoing this, with you, my first trip to RWTW..)
:mad: :)) :))

Come on, 4 screws, and temperature relief, not like its rocket science with the garage/lift/airtools you have... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Be safe on spring fling, and north south, I sure would like to go...

MAN OF BLUES said:
Scoops back on, and in correct direction for summer... reverse scoops for winter, you got fairing wings, I know, and altho they keep off rain, and deflect cold, they don't do much for ya when you are walking a bike for an hour, a foot at a time, in traffic....(I vaguely recallndoing this, with you, my first trip to RWTW..)

Come on, 4 screws, and temperature relief, not like its rocket science with the garage/lift/airtools you have... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ah, how quickly we forget - six (6) screws total, three (3) per side....... NOT four (4). 

connieklr said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

Ah, how quickly we forget - six (6) screws total, three (3) per side....... NOT four (4).

I got Oldstimers syndrome...
And I thought it was only 2 screws per side, total of 4...
I know I've reversed them a half dozen times, from side to side and facing front to back, and vicey versy...

You get the picture...  :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug:
That ain't even a 1 Yeangling job... :beerchug:

MAN OF BLUES said:
connieklr said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

I got Oldstimers syndrome...
And I thought it was only 2 screws per side, total of 4...
I know I've reversed them a half dozen times, from side to side and facing front to back, and vicey versy...

You get the picture...  :rotflmao: :great: :beerchug:

Depends on how slowly one works. 

Now that Wellsboro is over, I would have gone with the leave the extenders on for the cool wet Wellsboro Spring/fall rally weather that always has precipitation. If it were summer I would have gone to the scoops. Of course just a different opinion. So that was my excuse to post in this thread. But what really caught my eye was this:

:eek:fftopic:  (Me)

MAN OF BLUES said:

Also being an avid Yuengling fan, it caught my attention. I finally got around to it and recently went to Pottsville, Pa and took the tour of the factory. You can't beat an almost 2 hour long tour/sample room with a decent amount of free samples at the end, that is free to partake in. Had a great time and got to try different brews at the same time to compare rather than the normal traditional lager I normally drink.