• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Facelift for a C10

Hydroman

I joined COG after I got my C14, but since that time I acquired a C10 with a badly damaged Fairing. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. One thing led to another and this is how it turned out. My son actually initiated the project and it kind of became a father and son project.
I know some on here have already seen these pictures because I have already posted them on the ZRX forums and I know there are quite a few people on both forums.20211222_195210.jpg20211222_195239.jpg

Great in blue!

As an alternative to relocation perhaps. Might be easier to add a cut-down lower cover for o/f bottle. Abbreviated belly pans are the rage on some street fighters.

Good job.

What is the treatment on the side cover? Is gloss of paint that reflective or is there some other reflective application? Nice touch if not an artifact of picture angle!

Wow that looks great.

I think that's the first C10 naked project I've seen to go with the ZRX fairing and headlight - I really like it.

Hmmmm . . . . getting ideas . . . . .

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I ordered my paint from ColorRite. It was pretty close, but it was just a little lighter than the bike. Also I need to do some more buffing on that cover. It is not as shiny yet as the rest of the bike.

I definitely need to do something with that white overflow bottle. It looks bad.

I also used a ZRX front fender and turn signals. The ZRX turn signals are the same as the C10 turn signals.

I had to make mounting brackets for the fender.20211223_083813.jpg

I like it. Nice work.
If ya want to relocate the coolant tank, I put mine on the side per instructions form Connie Rider and Stasch. It worked out really well.

The position of the gauge cluster was very critical because it was so large that I was barely able to squeeze it in that small fairing.20211223_084801.jpgScreenshot_20211223-083707_Gallery.jpg20211223_084914.jpg

Nice solution on the instrument cluster.

Its nice when you don't have to go another route plus it looks like it was meant to be that way.

Hydroman,
The rubber lined clamp used for the top mount on the EX250 tank came n a 2 pack.
I have the extra one laying around somewhere. Your welcome to it if ya go that route
Bob

Hydroman,
The rubber lined clamp used for the top mount on the EX250 tank came n a 2 pack.
I have the extra one laying around somewhere. Your welcome to it if ya go that route
Bob
Thanks very much for the offer. If I end up doing that, I will keep you in mind.

What is the treatment on the side cover? Is gloss of paint that reflective or is there some other reflective application? Nice touch if not an artifact of picture angle!
Are you referring to the regular side cover or the side cover that covers up where the antlers go?

The battery cover looks like the lower section has reflective vinyl applied in the pictures. Illusion perhaps.
On my 2000 c10 that section was black. I'm not sure what color it is suppose to be on the 2006, but my guess would be that it was black originally but over time the sun faded to gray which happens often with black plastic parts. 🤔🙃

On my 2000 c10 that section was black. I'm not sure what color it is suppose to be on the 2006, but my guess would be that it was black originally but over time the sun faded to gray which happens often with black plastic parts. 🤔🙃
It's the OEM color for '06. The bottom part of the side cover is like a smoke gray. The bottom half of the original fairing was the same color. It's a nice color combination. The only part of the bike that I repainted is the antler covers, the ZRX bikini fairing and the ZRX front fender.

Attachments

• 20211225_063525.jpg
    20211225_063525.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 108
To smooth the rear more.
Remove/discard the License plate light and raise/install the license plate. (Using the lower bolt holes to attach it).
This will raise the plate to just below the taillight.
I've done this on several Connie's.

Ride safe, Ted
I like that idea. Done.

Attachments

• 20211225_064424.jpg
    20211225_064424.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 129
Not having a white License plate light may not be strictly legal, but I've "never" been stopped for it.
If concerned, you can wire in some ** lights, or...
Drill some small holes in the bottom of the taillight lense.
The holes will allow white light.
(You can fill the holes with clear super glue Gel to keep it watertight).

Ride safe, Ted

EZ to use License Plate ** Lights.

Last edited: