• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fall ride in Arkansas

rbentdude

I have blocked rooms at Jack's Resort for September 15th and 16th. I tried to get a week or two later but there were already reunions booked for both weeks. I know most of you that camp know that the camping is quite good there.  ;D Please book your rooms.

Butch, I moved the ride from the SW forum to here. That's what you wanted?

Pamela and I have booked a room.

Ride free,

Craig

The 22nd Annual SPIDER RIDE will be held that same weekend at the Huzzah Valley Resort.  Dates are officially Friday, Sept. 15th through Sunday, September 17th.  However we all know about 30 or so (roughly half) arrive on Thursday.

I should have the dates on the calendar this week.  I've been slightly DISTRACTED lately.  I hope we don't end up competing for the same riders at each event. 

EARLY REGISTRATION for the 2017 national closes NEXT WEEK!  No time like the present to get sign up and save some money!

Jim Snyder said:
Ok reservations made. Only 91 days until I can ride Push Mountain Road again. Woo-Hoo !!!

Seriously Jim, you're counting down the days to ride this poor excuse of a road?  :rotflmao:  :motonoises: :rotflmao:

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:
Ok reservations made. Only 91 days until I can ride Push Mountain Road again. Woo-Hoo !!!

Seriously Jim, you're counting down the days to ride this poor excuse of a road?  :rotflmao:  :motonoises: :rotflmao:

So am I !!!!!!! House and vehicles will be fixed by then!!!  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:

Yep, I didn't get to shoot any video there last month so I will have to suffer thru it again.

G-Mazz said:
The 22nd Annual SPIDER RIDE will be held that same weekend at the Huzzah Valley Resort.  Dates are officially Friday, Sept. 15th through Sunday, September 17th.  However we all know about 30 or so (roughly half) arrive on Thursday.

I hope we don't end up competing for the same riders at each event. 

There are about 6 of us that normally attend both. It will be a hard call for me as there will be people at both events I always enjoy seeing  :'(.

Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:

Yep, I didn't get to shoot any video there last month so I will have to suffer thru it again.

You made video's when we were there???

Ride safe, Ted

I had intended to make this ride on the 22 & 23 but they were booked solid that week with a reunion. I didn't want to get to close to the Big Bend ride.The fellow that puts on the Spider ride made a comment at the National about it being on the same week. Next year we will communicate and try to get at least a week between rides

:-[

Jim Snyder said:
Ok how many of you are going to make this ride? Any idea on the head count so far?

At least 8 so far.

soonerone said:
Just registered, so add one more..Coming in Thursday, so will see y'all then....

Jim

See you Thursday!

I'm out. I was hoping to get things ready for an upcoming Antique car Tour, and then head for Ark.
But the &*^&%% hurricane messed up my plans.

Still hoping for Big Bend.

Ride safe, Ted

I'm comin' hell or high water, hopefully my brother can come with me, bike looks and sounds like a Schleprock special (bad luck Schleprock, maybe somebody remembers that), but I got to make at least one ride!!! I can't take it!

Friday night we will eat Sloppy Joe sandwiches and fixings, put together by Marty about 6:00. Saturday evening Marty and I will fix grilled hamburgers and hot dogs with the fixings also at 6:00. We will eat in the covered area by the fire ring, we will have wood for the fire as well.
See everyone there.
Butch Youngblood

I feel like I am missing all the fun.    :'(
Last two years all I have made it to is Wildflower and the Nationals.  I say I am saving for retirement which is now only a few months away.    :nananana:  I am hoping soon I can make more of these rather than less.  I do miss you guys though.  Not going to make Big Bend either.  Leslie and I are getting married the weekend before that and will be taking that weekend off to party.

Great weather this weekend (cheap dig at Bob!) so looking forward to some curve slicing  :motonoises: and campfires  :campfire:.

Oh....and NO TED!!!!!!!!! :))

gr33nmAn

kv5e said:
Great weather this weekend (cheap dig at Bob!) so looking forward to some curve slicing  :motonoises: and campfires  :campfire:.

Oh....and NO TED!!!!!!!!! :))

gr33nmAn

Yep just checked the forecast for Mountain View and it was awesome. Planning on being there early Thursday afternoon.

Let's get on the road and keep an eye out for deer :violent-smiley-007:

Ted, you are missing the gorgeous weather and trying to keep my tail light in view from behind! :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

gr33nmAn

Congratulations Bob/Leslie!!

I really wanted to be there too.
But the storm pushed me back on getting the car ready for an upcoming Model T Ford Tour.
I'm curently polishing brass and doing repairs on a 105 year old car...

Craig; ya sed trying to keep your tail light in view from behind??

In a way,, your right... I can't see your tail light,,
              In fact,,  your so far behind "me", THAT I can barely SEE YOUR HEAD LIGHT..  ...  :nananana:

Ya'll have fun. Be safe guys!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, since you couldn't make it I rode Push Mountain road for you when I got here. I attached the Go pro camera to the left fork leg right at the axle and got some cool video.

Jim,,, Yer torturing me!!!
But, ya'll have fun anyway...

Ride safe, Ted

Brasso on, Brasso off,,,, :mad: Brasso On, Brasso off,,,, :mad: Brasso on, Brasso off,,,, :mad: Brasso On, Brasso off,,,,  etc etc etc!!! :mad: :mad:

Ok just got home about an hour ago. Had an awesome weekend in north central Arkansas. This was one of the best riding weekends I have had in a while. Great to see some of my COG family as well. Rode Push Mountain Road 6 times in 3 days. Also got some great video with my GoPro on 341 and 9. Thanks to Butch and Marty for putting this ride on and for their cooking skills. Can't wait to go back. I think I will leave the bike on the trailer and go up to Queen Wilhelmina on Tuesday for a day ride. I think I have a twistie addiction !!!

I also got back about an hour or so ago, immediately missed the twisties and the campfire. Marty and Butch were on top of the cooking and the campfire the whole time. Thanks all for great time, especially George, who's always top notch.

Marty and I got home safely about 4:30 Sunday afternoon. I had a great time and thanks to everyone for coming.
Butch :)

Pamela and I arrived home about 1600 safe and sound.

Thanks to all of the riders who attended and scrubbed rubber off on some of Arkansas' premiere twisties.

Special thanks to Butch and Marty for the two great dinners and especially Butch, the Event Host.

NO RAIN AT A SOUTH CENTRAL EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig

A little late, but a shout out to Marty and Butch for a job well done. Arrived home ~1330 yesterday, and did find some rain about 20 miles from the house. Great to see everyone. 

Jim

connie_rider said:
Is anyone planning another Ark. ride?
I heard there might be a Ark. gathering in late Oct/Nov??

Ride safe, Ted

Yes please, please tell us if there is another Ark ride coming up !!!

Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

I have one 2 - 3 times a month!  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

I have one 2 - 3 times a month!  :nananana:

Ha-Ha Cliff very funny  :rotflmao:

Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

I don't know why you'd want to come and ride in Arkansas...all the roads are straight, flat, and full of potholes and gravel... ;)

I agree, Lets NOT tell everyone about our favorite riding area... {sed in a conspiratal voice}

Yupp, your right Mr CRocker.
      All the Arkansas roads "are" straight, flat, and full of potholes and gravel..  :-X

But, I'd be willing to ride those dull / boring roads if someone has a ride planned?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I agree, Lets NOT tell everyone about our favorite riding area... {sed in a conspiratal voice}

Yupp, your right Mr CRocker.
      All the Arkansas roads "are" straight, flat, and full of potholes and gravel..  :-X

But, I'd be willing to ride those dull / boring roads if someone has a ride planned?

Ride safe, Ted

Well then, plan it. :great: :beerchug:

My problem is too many irons in the fire. I have 3 trips planned in the coming weeks...

How about; I think I could do an Arkansas ride Oct 27-29...
                  If I can arrange something that weekend,,, who else would be interested?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
My problem is too many irons in the fire. I have 3 trips planned in the coming weeks...

How about; I think I could do an Arkansas ride Oct 27-29...
                  If I can arrange something that weekend,,, who else would be interested?

Ride safe, Ted

You would pick the only weekend in October that I have to work.  :mad:

Jim Snyder said:
connie_rider said:
Gee, thanks Cliff.
When do you want us to be there?
Are you gonna supply all the food/beer/etc??

Ride safe, Ted

Yeah I like Teds idea.  :beerchug:

Y'all pick a weekend & let me know! I should mostly be here the rest of the year.

Mebbe Nov 10-12?
How does everyone's schedule look?

Being from Houston, I'm a bit concerned it may be too cold??
We did the same ride last year, and it was ok, but the cold got our attention..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Mebbe Nov 10-12?
How does everyone's schedule look?

Being from Houston, I'm a bit concerned it may be too cold??
We did the same ride last year, and it was ok, but the cold got our attention..

Ride safe, Ted

That would be the same weekend as the Swamp Scooter Rally in Lafayette, LA. Just sayin'. I'm out for either on that weekend.

I just got a hall pass for next weekend. (Oct 20 - 22/23)  :great:

Talked to Jim.
  We think we'd like to go up Friday morning, and stay near Russelville or Greenbrier, Ride Saturday in Cliff's area,
  then head home Sunday, or Monday..

Who's interested????
Post here or PM us and we can adjust as needed.

Ride safe, Ted

Well another awesome Arkansas ride is in the books. Big thanks to Cliff and his wife for their hospitality and putting up with me and Ted. The FJR and I got to know each other with some twisty therapy. I am already ready to go back. Did I mention that Arkansas roads are AWESOME !!!

They're only awesome if you like roads that are straight, flat, and full of potholes and gravel...sheesh!  ;)

I had a great time...
But the only roads I saw that were "straight, flat, and full of potholes and gravel" were in Cliff's driveway..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
I had a great time...
But the only roads I saw that were "straight, flat, and full of potholes and gravel" were in Cliff's driveway..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

Are you sure?  I mean...Cliff's driveway IS longer than most roads in Arkansas...  Are you sure you even got OUT of his driveway?

Jim Snyder said:
Well another awesome Arkansas ride is in the books. Big thanks to Cliff and his wife for their hospitality and putting up with me and Ted. The FJR and I got to know each other with some twisty therapy. I am already ready to go back. Did I mention that Arkansas roads are AWESOME !!!
connie_rider said:
I had a great time...

Ride safe, Ted

These two are just like a old married couple, just not sure which one's the wife!  :nananana::rotflmao:

I had a good time, y'all come back anytime that is if you can deal with the sucky roads. Maybe when can get Brad to go with us.

Maybe next time,,, the ones that didn't go "this time", will!

We ain't like an Old Married Couple...
        We're more like brothers.
              that, Argue constantly..

Ride safe, Ted

"Maybe next time,,, the ones that didn't go "this time", will!"

Uhh...I thought that I was sitting next to you at lunch, Ted... :nananana:

that, Argue constantly..

Ride safe, Ted
[/quote]

We ain't like an old married couple. And we don't argue that much either. We simply have organized disagreements. But I am usually right most of the time.

Jim Snyder said:
              that, Argue constantly..

Ride safe, Ted

We ain't like an old married couple. And we don't argue that much either. We simply have organized disagreements. But I am usually right most of the time.
[/quote]
Oh dear.  Someone's in denial.  :))

CRocker said:

Geez, I gootta be sooo specific..  :-[

I sed; "Maybe next time,,, the ones that didn't go "this time", will!"

In your case, I shouda sed;  "Maybe next time,,, the ones that did go "this time", will go again!

Jim,, who sed you were right??

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
CRocker said:

In your case, I shouda sed;  "Maybe next time,,, the ones that did go "this time", will go again!

Ride safe, Ted

You might have had more attendance if you:

1. Posted the ride in its own thread in the SC Area Rides Forum
2. Made the effort to enter the ride in the Calendar so it would show up in the banners for events
3. Sanctioned the ride through the AMA
4, Contacted the AD so you could have some promotional considerations like prizes or meal money
5. Be an AAD instead of talking about it ;D

There may have been a lot more folks interested and there if you and Jim would step up.

We had 21 riders at Big Bend, a great time by all, there is a video posted and pictures in the dropbox link.

All we have seen here is a bunch of posts, but I am glad you, Jim, and Cliff went riding.

kv5e said:
connie_rider said:
CRocker said:

Ride safe, Ted

You might have had more attendance if you:

1. Posted the ride in its own thread in the SC Area Rides Forum
2. Made the effort to enter the ride in the Calendar so it would show up in the banners for events
3. Sanctioned the ride through the AMA
4, Contacted the AD so you could have some promotional considerations like prizes or meal money
5. Be an AAD instead of talking about it ;D

There may have been a lot more folks interested and there if you and Jim would step up.

We had 21 riders at Big Bend, a great time by all, there is a video posted and pictures in the dropbox link.

All we have seen here is a bunch of posts, but I am glad you, Jim, and Cliff went riding.

This was very last minute on their part. I didn't even know they were for sure coming till the night before Ted left. Planning, posting was pretty much out & Ted was concerned about interfering with the Big Bend ride as it was. Sanctioning & all that other stuff was unnecessary. 

Jim just wanted to ride his new bike in Arkansas. Don't see this as a big deal!

I don't either, except this was my ham-fisted way of getting them to schedule some rides.  :beerchug:

Sounds like Jim has a nice new scoot!!!!!  :motonoises:

SC needs more folks to step up and host, your event has been one of the best and thanks for being a dedicated COG enabler of great riding!

Jim and Ted will be plenty busy at Kerrville as they are volunteering to help out with hospitality and rides.  :beerchug:

Craig