• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Fat Bastard from Murph

kwn306

Moped
For those of us that are on the large size (over 200 lbs.) and / or use their trusty C-10 as a pack mule...... I highly reccommend the Progressive "Fat Bastard" rear shock that Murph peddles. It is easy to install, less than an hour (+/-) with normal hand tools (17mm & 19mm socket and end wrench, plus a piece of 2" x 4" to slide under the rear tire) and I have a ton of accessories / aftermarket crap hanging on my bike. I left the shock adjusted the way it came from the factory (just made sure the lock nut was tight) and the bike has never handled as well as it did, even brand new. I did a 100 mile burn in yesterday afternoon and the bike never wobbled in the corners, BTW, corner speed has increased at least 10 mph. Two thumbs up !!!!!! :) Kurt & Sue Nordstrom Spotsylvania, VA COG 6049 & 6049A VA & WV Assistant Area Directors